PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Just received my first order placed with them. Placed it on friday, got it this thursday. 3 and a half pounds roughly of tobacco. The thing that made me try them is the newminister line they carry. Excellent customer service, I ended up adding to the order the day after I placed it and they did no problem even though I said it was okay if they had already processed it and packaged it. Overall a great place with good customer service and a better selection of tobacco that some others don't carry, alot of Macbaren bulk if you like Macbaren. 5 star service all the way. Plus they carry McClelland's Old world flake which is one of my favourite virginia's. Tobacco was all at a great dryness level, no drying required, I hate getting moist tobacco as you're basically paying for moisture. Came in a box with a 10$ charge as a gift with just a woman's name on it.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
The only times I've been disappointed with CupoJoes was when I ordered their coffee beans (ironically enough, given the name of the place). Without fail, they were stale every single time. That turned me off them for years, but I do go back occasionally for those blends that smokingpipes.com (my preferred vendor) doesn't stock.
Bob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For pipes and tinned tobacco, I've been entirely satisfied with Cup O Joes. That's all I've bought from them, so I'm happy.

I think these sites could shake a lot of pipe buyers from the trees with occasional discounts, more than they do, but

they seem to avoid that mostly. Prices in general have gone up about 10% in the last year on many major lines of pipes,

I think.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I just love the cup of joes videos and explanation of the Dunhill system of measuring and describing pipes. Unfortunately for me, they are a NY firm and the taxation precludes me from ordering from them.
Very sorry about this.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Every time I checked Cup O' Joe's, their prices were almost always higher than elsewhere. They require an adult signature on delivery -- if I'm not home, it's a hassle. They charge shipping -- I don't like to pay shipping and usually avoid it. Friends have ordered from them and are happy though.
I got my package just fine, no signature. Maybe it's a USA thing? I know they need an adult signature to ship it which they do on their end.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Every time I checked Cup O' Joe's, their prices were almost always higher than elsewhere.
Same here, Roth.
Just did a quick, random comparison with SmokingPipes.com:
Dunhill EMP: SP - $8.87 ; CoJ - $10.49

Rattray's Black Mallory: SP: - $15.85; CoJ - $18.99

SG Full Virginia Flake: SP - $9.32; CoJ - $12.99
Occasionally, CoJ is within a dollar of SmokingPipes.com. But even in those situations, among the tins I checked that they both stock, CupoJoes was always higher in price than SmokingPipes.com. Not that price is the sole determinant of who we do business with online. . .
Bob

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I can only say good things about Cup O Joes. I've never had any problems with orders and they've all arrived in the time frame given.
I have to say they have great customer service. I emailed them about the Dracula pipes from Peterson and received a reply the same day noting that they had them in and planned on posting them to the site by the end of that week. They also mentioned that I could call them and have the order placed before the pipes went on the site which I did and have to say it went very smoothly.
To me their customer service makes up for not having free shipping on orders over $95.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I like the fact they carry a really good selection of bulk tobacco, that's what I order from them, I find yes their tins are a few dollar more, but I don't order tins from them. But they have an excellent selection of stuff, along with a really good selection of macbaren bulk.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Only time I ordered from them it was a nightmare, never again. Their prices for tobacco are not competitive to SP, PC and 4noggins, plus they charge 11.99 for shipping which is a joke. Add to the fact they they gouge on SG flakes( they charge 49.98 for a 250 gram box of SG St James Flake and Sp charges 30.01) they don't get my business. I am sorry to the people who like them but when a company doesn't bother keeping their site looking half way decent, gives terrible descriptions of pipes and lousy pictures, and gouges on hard to find blends, I say no thank you. In my opinion they have no respect for their customers.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I found cup o joes customer service to be excellent. I even decided to add to my order as I went with the 40$ shipping option and they added it with no problem, the tobacco came at a great moisture level, and the service was fast. Any questions I had were answered by the next day. I don't live in the US though, but I would highly recommend them for international customers indubitably. They also have a much bigger selection then 4 noggins, which I find to be a top notch place too in terms of price and customer service. I don't find any problems with the website either.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I was going to give them a shot and place an order with them since they are a site sponsor but they do not carry any Prince Albert or Carter Hall which I always have either one of the other or both of these on every order I place CH for me and PA for my old pipesmoking friend. ?I did notice that their prices seem a little high so I guess I will have to stick with my two faves 4Noggins & P&C.

Dec 24, 2012
I have never ordered from them. I probably would have if they didn't have that silly policy about international orders - if it's your first time ordering you have to send them a money order in advance or some such nonsense. What a hassle - could never be bothered.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I have never ordered from them. I probably would have if they didn't have that silly policy about international orders - if it's your first time ordering you have to send them a money order in advance or some such nonsense. What a hassle - could never be bothered.
Never had that, I placed my first order with them and payed online just like with any other order.

martin47

Lurker
May 31, 2013
I placed an order last week.
after a week I received an confirmation email.
I'm not sure if it's a good company, but I'm sure I wont be getting my new pipe for a few WEEKS !

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Maybe someone should talk to her so she can get CoJ's with the program.
+1
I'm sure they're fine people, but frankly, I'm surprised they're able to compete. They don't offer free shipping, their prices aren't any better (and in some cases worse) than other vendors and charge a restock fee if you make a return.
I made a single purchase from them but never again.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Between the four or five major online pipe sites, I choose the one that has the particular pipe or tobacco

I want, and if two or more carry it, I do a price comparison factoring in shipping. With pipes, my

tastes are usually picky enough, there's only one that has the item. Cup O Joes is always one place I

look as I'm shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.