Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacconists - B&M's and Internet Retailers

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Cup o' Awesome

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Just placed an order with Cup o' Joe's the other day that had some last minute funkiness. I've seen some mixed reviews about CoJ on these forums, but I dealt with Melisa on the phone today, and she's a pro's pro.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I emailed cup o' joe's the other day, and she was very quick to reply. Of course it took ME forever to reply to her. Anyway, that was my terrible professionalism at fault, not hers. I will try to deal with her when make a purchase soon.

Cut me... I bleed black.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Pro tip: If you continue e-mailing her, she spells her name with one 's.'

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. coalsmoke

coalsmoke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've ordered from them for the last few years with no problems.

Russ
    Smoking a pipe is true relaxation...everything else is too much like work.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Maybe I shouldn't say this, but while I find Cup O' Joes service topnotch and I think they're a great bunch of people, I usually buy elsewhere because of a few factors: they don't offer free shipping if spending over $100, they charge a restock fee if you return a pipe and the photos on their site are not the actual pipe you will receive.

I don't say these things to be mean, but in the hopes that Cup O Joes will maybe see this and re-think some of their policies. I can understand not being able to photograph every single pipe (they have a lot), but if they met the other factors, I'd be buying from them more often.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I didn't know that about the "actual photos" part. Hopefully this roll of the dice ends up in my favor. Either way, there'll probably be a picture or two of some new family members up here on Friday.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

okiebriar

Login to Send PM

I order from Cup o Joes often. The service is usually top notch. Recently their stock of pipes has been lacking. I asked them about this and they told me they were moving to a new building and would re-stock then. This is supposed to happen in March.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I order from Cup o Joes often. The service is usually top notch.

They claim that they cull their pipes when they receive them. If this is truly the case, no one should receive a Peterson or any other pipe that is not in perfect condition. Can anyone out there with experience with COJ verify this? I purchased 1 pipe (Savinelli) from them and it was excellent.

“Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting.”
    ― Samwise Gamgee
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. wildcat

wildcat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

While I have never ordered from them(they are in my hometown) I have shopped there regularly until recently. There has been a change of sales floor personnel and I was treated quite rudely my last time there. And I mean my last time there. Before this change, it was always a pleasant experience. But fool me once...

For whereas men of an older school, like myself, smoke for the pleasure of smoking...
    A.A. Milne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I won't buy from C0J -- for the reasons Six stated here. Not to mention, their prices aren't that good TBH.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cup O Joes has been one of my go-to sites. They fill orders quickly. I find their own tobacco blends tasty and
    worth trying. They have pipes not available elsewhere (as is true at other sites, each seems to have some
    exclusives). My dealings have been good, so I continue to visit the site and shop there. My most recent
    acquisition was a Parker sandblasted poker I had never seen elsewhere, including my local independent
    shop which had the more typical Parker apples and pots. My wife got me some of the Cup O Joe's #5 tin
    tobacco, and it really grew on me, sliced and subtle. I always try to compare prices, but Cup O Joes's
    isn't bad in my experience. With different sites and retailers, no one can carry it all in an inventory, and
    COJ makes good things available. There are other sites that seem like really good pipe people, but they
    cater to high end mostly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. rondyr

rondyr

Login to Send PM

I know that they are a sponsor, and I am sure that they're a great company, but literally everything that they sell I've found cheaper on sites like P&C and others. I would like to support them, but when you're a poor Working Man you have to find the best prices that you can, and so far, sadly, that hasn't been them.

I'm so awesome, I make myself jealous of myself.
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   beefeater33, pipebow88, cortezattic, andya27, cosmicfolklore, klause, werebear, samanden, junkyarddawg, sw0snuff3r, sparks, darwin, daveinlax, flakyjakey