PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
I know Cult makes pipe tobacco, which I have fallen in love with, but I see they make cigars as well. Anyone tried them? My local B&M only sells high end cigars usually so I'd likely have to order them to try. Was curious what the forum wisdom had to offer on them.
Also Merry Christmas everyone

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
I tried Cult once and was not at all impressed...the biggest thing I remember is the wrapper falling apart on me (which could be a humidity issue), which does nothing but irk the crap out of me (Romeo's tend to do this too). But mostly, they had an unusual flavor...like the tobacco was grown in the US or something...not sweet at all. My cigar site, famous-smoke.com doesn't even sell them, I got these few Cults from a local JR Cigars. And, if you look at cigars international website description for them, the first sentence is "From the very first puff, Cult is different"...if the wrapper falling apart is "different", then I guess they've satisfied this assessment.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Well that tells me all I need to know. They must not put as much care into their cigars as they do their pipe tobacco.
Thanks for the input, I think I'll just stick to my pipe and forget cigars for now.

Sep 18, 2015
There not a bad smoke, at the same time there not anything special either, middle of the road at best. There’s a ton of smokes in this price range that are much better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.