Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:   

Cube Cut To-Go

(6 posts)
  1. jtaggie320

John

Login to Send PM

I've been enjoying Solani's ABF A LOT recently. I've also found that for me this blend smokes best when cube cut. I'm constantly on the go and smoking probably 90% of my bowls while driving. My thought was that I could pre-cut enough flakes to keep me happy for a few days and throw them back in the original tin or a ziplock to-go. Has anyone ever tried this? Packing and lighting a bowl while driving is irresponsible enough of me....I didn't want to throw scissors into the mix. I can't see there being any effect on the tobacco over a short period of time. You guys have any thoughts?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The only draw back could be over-drying...
    But, other than that sounds like DGT.....
    Delayed Gratification Technique, only in a new form.

I would use a roll up tobacco pouch or a zip-lock.
    Just to keep the moisture under control and to facilitate ease of packing.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. spyder71

Spyder

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I cube cut all my ODF when I open the tin, then into a ball jar it goes. I have taken several bowls worth in a snack sized zip-loc when on the go. Works great for me

"I used to cry because I had no shoes. Until I met a man who had no feet"- My favorite and I use it to get by...

Support The Epilepsy Awareness Foundation!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've got a small screw top metal tin that holds about two bowls worth of cube cut flakes. Works great when I'm on the go.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree with bent. I don't travel with cut cubes, but using a small tin container with it's lineing and top carboard would keep them from bouncing around and breaking up.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

It's been my experience that both ABF and ODF actually improve after a week or a bit longer in the opened tin and over drying has not been an issue.

I think you'd be fine with a couple days' worth of cube cut ABF and unless you are tossing that tin around, the cubes should hold together.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mattsem, glpease, daimyo, andypandy