Tags:  No tags yet. 

Cuban tobacco for pipe

(11 posts)
  • Started 2 weeks ago by christopherwilliam
  • Latest reply from hoosierpipeguy
  1. christopherwilliam

christopherwilliam

Login to Send PM

I searched the forum but found little info. With regard to the link below, are these real cubans grown in Cuba and is it illegal to have them shipped to USA from Canada.

Thank you for any help,
    Christopher

https://www.cubancigar-shop.com

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  2. dcon

dcon

Login to Send PM

This link should answer your questions. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/~/importing%2Fbring-cuban-cigars-to-the-u.s.-for-personal-use. The Reader’s Digest Version is that you can bring back some cigars from traveling outside the US but, you can still not “legally” import (order) them from abroad.

Duane
    (Not Embers)
    Posted 2 weeks ago #
  3. alexnc

alexnc

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow - went to the Canadian site - is tobacco really that expensive there? I guess part of it is the exchange rate is 1 to .76 or so

Goo Goo g’joob
    Posted 2 weeks ago #
  4. danimalia

danimalia

Login to Send PM

I don't know if they'll ship tho the U.S., but there are better options by price. Checks your PMs shortly.

If you were looking for Cuban tobacco for your pipe, you'd be much better off getting one of Habanos' handmade, short filler options like the Por Larranaga Panatelas, or a Quintero. No sense spending big money on a cigar you're going to cut up.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  5. ak200p

ak200p

Login to Send PM

Robert McConnell pure Cuba is decent. I'm going to use it as a mixer if I ever get around to experimenting.

Posted 1 week ago #
  6. danimalia

danimalia

Login to Send PM

I thought the McConnell's blend containing Havana leaf was unavailable stateside? If it is, it's an easy and cheap solution.

Posted 1 week ago #
  7. greeneyes

greeneyes

Login to Send PM

I may be mistaken but there is no Cuban pipe tobacco on that website. That having been said I do have some Cuban Partagas Picadura Granulada (pipe tobacco) if you'd like to try some.

Posted 1 week ago #
  8. irishearl

irishearl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Many years ago while in the Caribbean, tried Cuban H. Uppmann(sp?) pipe tobacco. Barely made it through the bowl and tossed the rest of the 4 oz. I bought in the trash.

Posted 1 week ago #
  9. danimalia

danimalia

Login to Send PM

I may be mistaken but there is no Cuban pipe tobacco on that website. That having been said I do have some Cuban Partagas Picadura Granulada (pipe tobacco) if you'd like to try some.

If it's the same leaf used in Partagas cigars, I suspect this would be great leaf to blend with.

Many years ago while in the Caribbean, tried Cuban H. Uppmann(sp?) pipe tobacco. Barely made it through the bowl and tossed the rest of the 4 oz. I bought in the trash.

H. Upmann is one of my favorite cigar lines. Pound for pound, they offer some of the best smokes in the world, IMO. But maybe they should stick to cigars.

Posted 1 week ago #
  10. ak200p

ak200p

Login to Send PM

I thought the McConnell's blend containing Havana leaf was unavailable stateside? If it is, it's an easy and cheap solution.

Definitely not available in the USA. Purchased from a German tobacconist.

Posted 1 week ago #
  11. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There are numerous sites in Europe and Asia that you can purchase from with confidence if you really want Cuban cigars. The prices are nowhere near what they are in Canada. You can get run of the mill Cuban Corona, even robusto sizes, for $8 to $12 per stick. You will pay $14 to $18 per stick for the larger Churchill sizes along with Cohiba and Trinidad.

I'm not sure how much difference it makes in pipe tobacco in terms of what country to cigar leaf is from. A little of any type of cigar leaf seems to go a very long way.

Posted 1 week ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ashdigger, alaskanpiper, nhhiggy, ben88, snagstangl, 64alex, danimalia, upnorth1, cshubhra, canadianpuffer, jaytex969, scottfree