PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
After a year or so of disappearing into my secret lair at night (known as the Officers Club because originally it was just me and Captain Black) I was temporarily forced to relocate because I had to keep watch for a disgruntled employee a couple nights ago. I positioned myself in the dark where I could see everything and smoked my pipe. Another employee saw me because he was out for a smoke and I was standing near his car. As it turns out, he is a pipe smoker and wanted some advice on quitting the nails. He produced a pipe and we shared some Cavendish while I kept watch. He also told me of another piper who works at night sometimes and we agreed for a meet when we were all working! The brotherhood marches on!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
We can be a sneaky bunch sometimes! He has also never had a Lat blend! Oh man! I got a couple of folks to introduce him to, namely Mr. Pease and Mr. Ouelette!

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I've started keeping spare unsmoked cobs at my house for friends who show interest. Converted a couple to pipes this way! Got to spread the gospel!!!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I gotta ask, Baron... what branch of the military allows sideburns like those?! Or is this a different kind of "Officer's Club"?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I agree. I keep 2 of my 3 Clays that I got from P&C unsmoked (unless I break the other one) just in case I have a future pipe man over at the house!

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
We should maybe wear pipe smokers T-shirts ( I love Latakia, etc ), in case another briar bro is in vicinity. I don't think I've ever seen some clever Tees for Pipers. Hmmmm... now that would probably sell. I'd buy one. :puffy:

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Good one :clap:
And the tshirts are out there. Zazzle and spreadshirt have some for instance. So does P&C.
I like this one

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Bigvan, I've been out of the Army a loooong time! I just call my improvised break area the Officer's Club for the reason I mentioned in the OP. I used to smoke Captain Black so the joke was "Only me and the Captain allowed". I am the only one here at night with the keys. My sideburns wouldn't fly and neither would this hat. Hell they yell at you if your sideburns are down past your ear hole!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's cool bigvan. I probably could have explained it better. I get issues with authotrity, too hobie and believe me, the Army knew it. Some gave all, all gave some, and I mostly just gave my superiors heartburn. There is a justification for the prohibition of facial hair, though. It can interfere with the fit of your gas mask so best to keep it clean shaven or you'll have a bad day at the gas chamber.
Waznyf, It's the end of the week now and I haven't had to jump out of the dark and neutralize anyone, so it's a win-win.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Nice T shirt Mick. I think I'll hunt the internet and see If I can find some that will get some attention from other pipers.
I've had a few women approach me while smoking my pipe. It's a great conversation starter. They were reminded of their Fathers when they were alive. That made me feel rather Fatherly approaching Fathers Day. That was very nice that I could remind them of their loved one from the smell of my Tobacco. You never know who crosses your path while enjoying your pipe and that it had a profound meaning to them of times past.

Status
Not open for further replies.