PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Why the hell didn’t anyone tell me deer tongue tastes this good?! Just tried my first tin of Crooner yesterday and it’s an impressive tobacco. This is my first cube cut burley tobacco and I like this cut quite a lot. Short of sprouting legs and hopping in the bowl, it packs itself. No fuss, no real tamping to speak of, and moisture was perfect right out of the tin. The deer tongue is alluring and captivating, I can’t really describe it but it’s unlike any tobacco I’ve ever smelled. The entire bowl burned cool and tasted really excellent. The smooth nuttiness of burley makes this an outstanding choice for an all day smoke.
A+ stuff from C&D. I highly recommend trying a tin if you’ve never had it.
I wish “dump truck” was an option when ordering...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Smoking some 2010 Crooner at work right now in this.
amwrdsy.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
There is something really comforting about it. One blend that I can "sense" the room note, where most blends I can't. It took me a long time to try it too - glad I finally did.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Embers that’s a heck of a pipe. Does Burley change much with that many years on it? I want to cellar deep on Crooner.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Does Burley change much with that many years on it?
It mellows a bit, but no dramatic changes like with Virginias. Crooner back then had quite a bit more deertongue than the newer stuff too.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Crooner is pretty good stuff, I was pretty smitten with it at first but I grew tired of it quickly. I often wonder how deer tongue would taste in an English blend, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of one done but surely someone’s tried it before?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I often wonder how deer tongue would taste in an English blend, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of one done but surely someone’s tried it before?
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-that-in-your-pipe/lovin-latakia/

Status
Not open for further replies.