PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Might as well share this cool piper story with you. I apparently know the one place where on can get MAYA matches from Mexico. Each box has a reproduction of a different painting on the back, the tray only opens from one side so your matches don't fall out, there is a flap over half the tray so they don't fall out, and they're bendy and don't break. lonestar figured out they're cactus thorns (how the heck do they harvest those?).
I sent some to fireman03 and he sent me an awesome CARE package of various burleys and a new MM cob. I sent him 4,000 matches and the postage to ship them cost more than the matches, plus the 89 mile drive cost more in gas. Well, crk69 requested some also. I haven't even sent him the matches yet, and just got a CARE package from him. It's twelve different baccys totaling 18.76 ounces!! Never had so much baccy in my life! Also he sent some humidifiers and a new Czech tool.
The three tins have the price label on the bottom and total $36.14 and that's only a quarter of what he sent. Freaking unbelievable. Thanks, guys. I was having kind of a bad week - the heat was out, the hot water heater died, and someone kicked in my back door (didn't take anything; it was weird).
I've said it before and I'll say it again: pipers are cut from better cloth than your average bloke.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Hope your luck turns around. Sounds like a pretty bad run right now. Thanks again for the props and thanks again for the trouble acquiring the matches. I love them and the are envied by my buddies, who still have no clue where I got them. :D

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I have to say, a "meer" mention of a project in another thread and fireman was mad quick to offer up some supplies to help. A really fine fella.
I hope everything turns around for you after such a crappy week.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Props to you too Dave, without your time and effort we wouldn't have the great matches... Hopefully the bad luck is behind you. I also hope that you will enjoy the baccy...

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I am enjoying the baccy. I've never had so much in my life. Have tried four: MacBaren 7 Seas Royal Blue, Villiger Mid Day, Cherry MOB and MacBaren The Cube. Liked Villiger Mid Day the best so far(thought you misspelled it but you didn't). The guy brought a gas replacement water heater yesterday, and it's electric, so he's coming back early and then I'm going to my parent's house. Matches will be in the mail today. Hope you like 'em.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I'm sure I will love them.. hate the local stuff, it breaks too easy and doesn't stike all that well.. Probably been sitting on the shelf for a while.. Glad you are enjoying the baccy...

Status
Not open for further replies.