PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
I use my old Capstan-tins for other tobaccos. First the old shape is much better than the new. It keeps the tobacco much longer, and second, I could take off the stupid warnings, so they look clean and vintage. I know some use old tins for storing stamps.

Reactions: Steeeve

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
With my round tins I invert the tops and use them as drink coasters outside. - papipeguy
and that is one idea I will be stealing, thank you. :P

mrdoody

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2012
MA, USA
anybody try to build a cmoy pocket amp into a tin?
cmoy-bb-1.jpg

i think i'm gonna give it a whirl!
altoid-cmoy.jpg

doody.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Great ideas there. I use my empty's in the garage. I use one for burnt matches, Don't throw any burnt matches in the trash, and another for bulk tobaccos. I just relabel it and take it with me. My wife uses the metal tins for her travels. Ear rings and the sort.
I also keep my Cigar boxes. My family always call's and ask's if I have an empty for their stuff. Always happy to accommodate.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I'm with rlunderhill.... I have a large wooden box near the fireplace and throw tins full of partially

burnt matches into. They make great kindling.
My daughter-in-law takes some and gets a little at the flee market... evidently other people have some

use for them.
(Still keeping an eye on the string though, I still have hundreds of empty tins and would love to put

them to use).

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
For those that love to "rough it", they make a good container for a basic survival kit, medical kit, container for flint and steal, tinder or "char" container. Also could make a candle with some parafin wax and candle string found at your local hobby shop..

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I tried to find a thread from several weeks ago where a very clever person hot-glued some oversize Chinese soup spoons to the lids of his empty tins for very unusual pipe holders.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Great ideas guys. But i wouldn't expect any less. We are craftier then most people i think. My kids and i made a sweet pipe box out og an old cigar box. There's a thread entitled "My Sons and I Had Fun Making This" i just posted. Check it out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.