Pipes Magazine » Pipes Accessories

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Creative Tobacco "Pouch"

(13 posts)
  1. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am one of the pipe smokers who also enjoys Cigars. However, I went to a private out of state Undergraduate school, worked as a substitute music teacher for 18 months, and am now getting a Graduate degree at a private school in Chicago, with only maybe 4-6 gigs a months....SO - cigars don't happen often. I instead smoke these:

Here's an idea of how big they are. They are good BTW. Not as creamy and oily as a big maduro wrapped full sized, but still enough of that spicy cigar flavor to hold me over from time to time.

Anyway, I've been looking for a tobacco pouch that I like, and that's easy to toss in a jacket pocket for sometime. Finally I realized I had tons of these empty tins lying around, and Voila!

That's Key Largo BTW, the tins been open for awhile so there aren't any full flakes left, but it's still super delicious.

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Could also use an empty tin of MacBaren's Vanilla Cream Flake as a tobacco pouch. Nice and pocket size and able to hold up to 50 grams.

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cool. I've reused pipe tobacco tins in the same way; it works as long as you only have a day's supply in there...

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Hinged lid?

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  5. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

yup

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I carry a Penzance tin with my me when I leave the house. Holds 4-5 bowls easily and fits in your pocket.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  7. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

You need a poncho and a Colt SAA to go with those cheroots.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 6 years ago #
  8. mlyvers

mlyvers

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

i do the same thing, i put pipe tobac in some old tin. usually a small tin that fits into a pocket. lately i have been wanting a good zip pouch, with some sort of old time logo on the outside of the pouch, like swr ch h+h. i have been in contact with a forum member hobojoe, and he is considering making a pouch of the same. tins come in handy as tobac pouches.

take care.
    mike.

Posted 6 years ago #
  9. captainprophesy

captainprophesy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You need a poncho and a Colt SAA to go with those cheroots.

I love how Clint would have the same one in his mouth all day and would never get smaller or go out... hell he could probably swim through a river and come out on the other end with it still lit.

I carry a gun... because a cop is too heavy!
    Posted 6 years ago #
  10. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If your baccy is a bit wet, or if you're planning on leaving it in there more than a day, I think I would line it with a coffee filter. Should eliminate any chance of sticking or rusting.

Posted 6 years ago #
  11. maduroman

maduroman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

i just put mine in zip lock baggies then stuff in a cheap plaid tobacco pouch. i can put in several different blends and slide it in my hip pocket...

Posted 6 years ago #
  12. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is how I carry mine:

Baccy is dried some on the coffee filter, wrapped like a burrito, put back into a pouch and then into a glasses case I got at Wal Mart or the Dollar Store (don't recall). The spring closure holds it all well and there's room for a tamper, lighter, and maybe even a beater/cob if I so desire.

Greg
    Posted 6 years ago #
  13. toadie

toadie

Login to Send PM

I used to use an Altoids tin when I first got in this game. It worked fairly well until I forgot it in my car (filled with Walgreens Cough Syrup tobacco) for a few days. It grossed me out so much I vowed never to let tobacco touch bare metal again.

Be the leaf.
    Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   cortezattic, peckinpahhombre, timt, jeff540, pappymac, lasttango, celticbrewer