PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Thought I would post some recent pipes I have picked up.
The first is a Jerry Crawford lovat. I am smoking this one right now (my second smoke in her) and am absolutely delighted with this pipe. Jerry is becoming one of my favourite carvers, He really makes a fantastic pipe. With Rad making so few pipes these days I dare say that Jerry is becoming, to my mind at least, the "new Rad".
The second is a JT Cooke in a rather unique "Quaint" shape. Not for everyone, but certainly interesting.
Finally, a new rhodesian with a horn shank treatment from the young and up-and-coming Abe Herbaugh.
SaFcLnq.jpg

1oN1G4y.jpg

xx3XdB5.jpg

4rp8YwH.jpg

Mo2H7xE.jpg

0BHvX4d.jpg

8SbVXaz.jpg

G1Ri3Xq.jpg

XS0mJy0.jpg

qSHGFSn.jpg

ptHsZwd.jpg

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Very nice pipes. I have two Crawfords and agree they are outstanding pipes. I find myself reaching for them regularly.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Nice scores!
I have three of Mr. Crawford's pipes and love them. Abe is well on his way to becoming an outstanding pipe maker, I have been watching his work for awhile now.

May 31, 2012
They are all first class, but Abe gets my vote.
It's a great pipe and I love the look of it.
I usually don't go for horn extensions, but man, does it look good on that pipe!
It's the first time I've seen a shape executed like that, I like how he's thinking, and pushing the envelope a bit yet still remaining classical.
It's like a calabash rhodie hybrid type 'o thing.
Me likey!

:puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a great way to start the year! That Cooke is simply a grand-slam (blast, finish, shape). Abe's pipe made me smile as well. He used to live nearby and participate in the local VA pipe club. I miss talking to him and seeing his new creations.

Status
Not open for further replies.