PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Received 21 tins of tobbaco, big box, no packing, rattling around, tape outside minamal, sad, vast difference when SPC sends you an order. E-mailed them, waiting to see how they will handle this, if not done right, NO MORE P&C for me.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
That's not good. I received 12 tins on Wednesday that were well packed with bubble wrap. Hopefully this is an anomaly and not the norm.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've never had an issue before, but there is always one exception. I received a damaged package this week also; thankfully not pipe related, but it is a deflating experience considering the excitement I get when I see packages on my stoop. I hope they handle your situation well Bradley. They've always been a class act before hopefully they can make it right.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I'm thinking its one of two things:
Either they were so busy, they just needed to get the orders out before the end of day and ups or whatever shipping method was standing there or:
Employees completely not interested. Possibly part time help, or those wishing to leave (not caring about their job), or new employees not trained in proper shipping.
In any case, unacceptable, and we should all know what explanation is given.

Jan 8, 2013
I have received an order in the past that could have been packaged a bit better. So when you spend a substantial amount of money, you have every right to be concerned. For the most part P&C has done me well, and I do believe they care about customer service and quality. Give them a chance to make it right, Bradley. I bet they will. Let us know how they respond.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Earlier in the week I received my TAD shipment for the month from P&C (12 tins) and my shipment was also packed somewhat haphazardly. The tins were sliding all over the place inside the box and the one or two "airbags" placed in the box didn't seem to make a big difference. Thankfully all of the vacuum seals seemed to be intact; however, I still took notice of the subpar packaging and will remember this next time I place an order online.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I haven't had any problems with them, but that is unacceptable! I'm placing a big order with them next week, hope it's not shipped like yours Bradley! Sorry to hear this, hope they take care of things for you!

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Just got an order of 15 tins of Dunhill that was on sale. On the plus side they shipped it 2 day priority, which is a nice touch. The downside is that the tins were moving around despite having some airbags in the carton. Luckily it looks like the seals are intact, but it worries me to see that sloppy disregard for detail.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Russ is out of town at the CORPS show in Richmond, Va. I doubt he'll read anything until Monday at the earliest.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This shows a lack of respect for the customer, and a lack of pride in the job one does.

Somehow, the employee got the impression that these things don't matter. It's a management problem.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
They were probably thinking, ah these are metal containers, they can take anything!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I hardly ever order from them, SP and 4Noggins almost always have what I'm looking for in stock, they ship in 2 days every time and it is always packed very well. I'm not a big fan of hearth and home tobaccos so no big draw for me to P&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.