PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Snapped the stem of my latest estate revival pipe... Savinelli Oscar and the broken part is stuck in the shank.

I was trying to remove the stem and I felt it just before it went... I then dumped the pipe I was smoking off the table in an unrelated bit of crapiness...

Decided to just pack it up before I got angry.

Now I have some work ahead of me... New stem and I need to remove the bit from the shank...

Tomorrow is another day.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Been there many times, twangthang. Sometimes you find yourself looking up to the heavens and say, "Slow day, God? What's next?" Like all things it'll pass but while you're in the middle of it you have to wonder.

Aug 1, 2012
I feel your pain man. Hope it starts getting better soon. It's been one of those weeks for me so I can sympathize.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I broke off the stem on my ukrainian pearwood sitter on the 2nd smoke out of it.
The plus side, I put a better stem on it than the one that came with it originally. :puffy:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Nope, this is a crappy day

DumpKids4.jpg

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I removed the piece of broken stem from the shank of my bowl with a screw. I threaded it in an pulled ot out with pliers. Good luck with that and hope that you have many better days to come.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Thanks, Hobie.
Sort of puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?
I'll take a broken stem any day of the week over grinding poverty and making a living rooting through a trash mountain.
Fnord

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
LOL first world problems.
Gotta love em.
There's a rainbow after the storm. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. The glass is half full.
I like that string of thinking. But after world peace... there's an alien invasion. Can't win forever. :puffy:

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
twang: broken stems, starvation, it's all part of the Insane Asylum of the Universe. :wink:
and lonestar....it's pronounced Croppie as is growing crops :mrgreen:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Come on Hobie, I'm from the Southland. Its Northerners who think its pronounced "Crappy" :nana: They're probably right though, the name is from French Canadian "Crapet".

Depending on where you are they might be papermouths, calico bass, white perch, speckled perch, specks, or down in Lousiana they're Sac-au-laits.

But none of that does anything to fix Twangs crappy day. Unless he likes fishing.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
He should probably way for the run of bad luck to end before going out in the water. Otherwise we may end up with a "pipe in the minnow bucket" thread.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Saltwater fisherman...

Sooo... This sitiation has got me floundering :mrgreen:

Thank you for the laughs...

Status
Not open for further replies.