PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I went to the vets office today with my baby girl, a 9 year old bulldog. "Rebel" an I came home alone.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
My condolences. One of the worst experiences as a pet parent. I hope all the rainbow bridge stuff is true, because good dogs should go to heaven.
Maybe get a bulldog pipe in your pet's honor?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Sorry to hear that. Have you thought about maybe starting over again with a pup?

nutcracker

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2015
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is a very sad day and I hope that it gets better from here.
I second the idea of keeping the memory alive with a special pipe.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
You have my sincere condolences. Having to put my son's 14 year old shiatsu down was one of the absolute hardest things I had to do in my adult life.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I'm dreading when I'll have to make that trip with my pitbull....condolences on your loss. I third the idea of a special remembrance pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Oh man, really hate that for you. Our animal buddies can often be closer than family. You have my sympathies.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Really sorry about the loss of your dog. I got my first dog just 5 months ago, and I can't imagine life without him now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love my four-footed family members, and I know what it is to let them go. Better than letting them go too long in discomfort and confusion, and let them go when you can let them know how much they mean to you. But pure misery. Sentimental perhaps, but I always feel that they leave you while signaling another dog (cat, or horse) maybe soon, maybe not, that you are a person to be trusted. You don't go for them, they come for you, when the time is right, seeing that aura around your head that makes them say, "There he is now." Your gal knows you shouldn't go forever without canine supervision. Want another companion animal after losing one? Good Lord, no. But when they take you into custody, that's it.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The greatest and the worst times in my life involve my animal companions, their life and their loss. I've actually ALWAYS wanted a bulldog, but their brief lifespans scare me. Sorry to hear of your loss :(

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Nothing I can say that will help. But I do know one thing is for certain. You helped Rebel and allowed Rebel a very pleasant life. And that tells me a lot about you.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I don't think I can be as comforting as MSO, who had quite a thoughtful comment. Thank you for that sir!
I would like to add a different perspective. I have seen many many animals come and go in my life. We've always had a cat in the house and a dog in the back. Regarding cattle, I see them more than I see my own pets. They are for profit and the majority of them could care less for you and do try harm you if you put them in a situation they do not want to be in. The real friendly ones, which we refer to as "pets", are truly pets. I have had cows that love apples and cookies and will eat out of your hand. I personally know every one of their personalities, and they do have a different personality. I know when they like to come into the parlor, what stall they prefer, and even where they like to lay in the free stall barns. Coincidentally, their routine is my routine. Regardless if the animal is a "pet" or a good milker, or an old ornery one that can get under my skin if she has a bad day. I hate seeing them go. It takes me a while to adjust to the routine of not having them there. I even recall cows that have been gone for 10 years for their friendliness or how damn stubborn they were. It's not at all an odd relationship between a person and animal. There is trust and commitment to each other. I also think there is an understanding between the two. In the end I think our animal friends teach us more about ourselves than we realize. I once read a quote that may fit. "To you they are a part of your life, to them you are their life".
You have my condolences.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A crappy day for sure my friend. My heart goes out to you. I hope all the good memories help to quickly ease the pain of your loss. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.