PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Two old meers that got new stems and going into the rotation.

Claw Egg

IMG_1251_zpsiwyefszp.jpg

IMG_1253_zpspy2hu3al.jpg

and a small cutty

IMG_1254_zpsk3tsf1mj.jpg

IMG_1255_zpsmsvimqnb.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those have taken color in a great way, especially the claw. Meerschaum can just look dirty, but these have an attractive patina.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
BEO:
The claw is spectacular, in and of itself, but the simplicity of that black stem on your beautifully colored Cutty just kills.
And thank you for being proud of the quote from Corinthians 16:13. I use it often.
Fnord
P.S. @Huntertrw, Heidi Montag to Michael Jackson? WTH does your mind live, man? F.

aimus1

Lurker
Jun 6, 2015
I have a claw which is almost if not exactly identical. Do you have any info with regard to the carver. Mine was in pretty rough shape when I picked it up and I've been working on the clean up. If you don't mind me asking...how did you get into the spaces between the claw and egg and along the areas where the palm of the foot meets the egg? I've tried q-tips and such but am having a heck of a time getting all the old grime out of those tough spots.

aimus1

Lurker
Jun 6, 2015
gnUPOBtb.png
[/url][/img]
hoping this works. This is the pipe the day I picked it up. I'll try to post a pic of it cleaned up and waxed tomorrow

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
aimus1, That meer could have come from the same carver as mine. Similarities are incredible. If you ever want to let it go drop me a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.