PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not trying to promote another pipe podcast over Pipes Magazine Radio Show, I'm just curious if anyone else here listens to it as well.
I just found it last week and have been listening to past episodes. It's another top notch pipe podcast that Jon David Cole, the manager I believe of The Country Squire Tobacconist does with his friend Beau York. They do a lot of interesting topic discussions and have some really interesting guests.
If you haven't checked it out I strongly suggest you do. I don't think we can have too many podcasts on this wonderful hobby.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I'm lucky in that I can call Jon and Beau friends and The Country Squire home. I too suggest you check them out they have YouTube Channel.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I agree...I enjoy the show and make the 3 hour drive regularly from New Orleans to Jackson to visit these guys...good show and great tobacco shop

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Beau catches so much hell for calling him JD it isn't even funny. What worse is there another friend of our John Micheal so when we do an after hours whiskey and tobacco tasting or pipe club meeting some times Jon David gets called John Micheal and visa versa.. LOL
But I think having Jon David on the show would be an awesome idea!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Yes, it is a good podcast and a worthy companion the PM show. It is aimed at younger listeners and has a bit younger vibe. I listen to several podcasts everyweek, particularly the one here on pipesmagazine.com, so it can be hard to fit in.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I used to listen pretty religiously, it is entertaining and different.

I dropped the bothersome i-Tunes and now listen to the PipesMagazine show on the easier to use "Podkicker" (Android phone). CS doesn't use that platform so I've been out of their loop.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
CS doesn't use that platform so I've been out of their loop.
Just got me wondering now if Podastery, who they do the show through, has an app. The wi-fi on my phone is terrible. I can't get it here in the garage where I smoke, but the laptop picks it up just fine. I'll have to check that out later.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
lordofthepiperings:
Thank-you for the recommendation of Country Squire Radio! I was unaware of this program until I read this thread, and then listened to their episode titled "Heroes of the Bowl VII: C.S. Lewis and James Gordon. Now I have two pipe-and-tobacco-related podcasts to follow on Tuesdays.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I listen to the CS Radio Show and the PM Podcast and enjoy them for different reasons. Where as PM podcast is really full of content and interesting pipe parts' segments and insightful interviews, CS is a bit more relaxed, sometimes off topic but generally informative and entertaining.
They are both great productions and I feel like we are pretty darn lucky to have such well executed, entertaining and informative podcasts focused on our hobby!
This is a tangent, but some of you may enjoy the 99% Invisible podcast; it covers all facets of design from architecture, to the layout of magazine covers from country to country, to the art and science of slot machines. This week's episode covers the historical and ongoing battle between lock makers and lock pickers. It's easy to forget that most of the modern world around us was designed by someone (even the fact that area codes appear in parenthesis because apparently a string of 10 numbers is too hard to visually identify on its own, or that the hash tag or pound sign # is actually an octothorpe).

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thank-you for the recommendation of Country Squire Radio! I was unaware of this program until I read this thread, and then listened to their episode titled "Heroes of the Bowl VII: C.S. Lewis and James Gordon. Now I have two pipe-and-tobacco-related podcasts to follow on Tuesdays.
Very welcome huntertrw.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I listen to 2 pipes podcasts. It's one of them. Much different than Brian's show but just as important for archiving our pipe smoking traditions.

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
I listen to Country Squire Radio as well and enjoy each episode. It is available on Podkicker, just search for it by the full title.

jfox520

May 24, 2013
@ ssjones I emailed Country Squire Radio about the issue with Podkicker and they looked into it and said that Podkicker does not have permission for the new feed. They are going to contact them. So we will see what comes of it.

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
I like their podcast. It is different enough from Brian's to no be redundant. On occasion it can have a little bit too much of a religious tone for my liking but hey it is their show and they can do with it what they like. Overall, I still enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.