PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Not a big deal but I've noticed that when I submit posts the # does not always change. Over the past couple of weeks there have been times when the same number appears after several submissions. Anybody else notice this?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I believe that the "Post Counter" updates each time for each post, in every place you have posted. I can dig up some of my very first posts and they will indicate that I have 3,723 (including this one) posts.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
It seems to work for me. I believe Lawrence has it right at the moment of his post, even though he has 3726 as I write this post, since he has posted other comments elsewhere. Confused?

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
On the Honda VFRDiscussion forum, I have 4500 posts, then sold all the bikes, now have vacated the place and lost my top 5 placement out of 13K registered members...now, I'm on here like it's some kind of new drug. :puffy:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Like I said not really a big deal but I did notice last week when I replied to a few topics the number of my posts stayed the same. It may have been resolved at some later point but I was just being curious.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
I can't recall any problems, but I don't pay too much attention.

The only thing I can think of is if you log off and come back on the site,

it takes awhile to refresh.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@papipeguy

Not to cause any more trouble but I also noticed that the "remember me" tab has disappeared at the log on.
Ah crap. Sorry about that. I was making programming changes, and probably made the amateur move of not refreshing my local file with the one on the server. That's embarrassing. Sorry. I will get it back soon.
As to post counts - I think they are working, but may have stopped updating instantaneously.
I think this might be because of the caching system we are now using to make the site run a little faster, to have pages load a little faster. It works fairly well on the main part of the site.
The slowest loading pages are when you make a new post. The reason for this (I think) is because of all the email subscriptions to updated threads. If 20 people are subscribed to a thread, then the site has to find those 20 email address and send emails to all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.