PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have been smoking flakes today. New technique.
1. Fold.

2. Twist

3. Invert, so that the loose ends point down. (This is the new part).

4. Light and enjoy.
You would think the loose ends light best. This is not so; the bows of the bend end of the twist light best, and the loose ends allow maximal airflow.
Live and learn...

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
1. Fold.

2. Twist

3. Invert, so that the loose ends point down. (This is the new part).

4. Put it in pipe.

5. Light and enjoy.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
:rofl: It actually was not meant as a smart A**** comment. It was reflex. I worked as a tech for Intuit and was taught not to underestimate the density of people. Every step/every time. :oops: sorry

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
saintpeter, we use that process in mortgage. As underwriters, we assumed that our auditors had done our job for 10+ years and then moved to auditing. Now we have to assume that the Federal auditors know nothing of our industry. We work as if they have a 6th grade education.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
If I remember correctly, the irascible and erstwhile forum member toobfreak preached this method. It does indeed work better to light the folded end.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I just lightly rub (so ending up with relatively big chunks of tobacco) and I found much easier to pack and to light and with no difference in taste and burning rate. If I heavily rub ending up with much smaller pieces things can be different but I think lightly rubbing is avoiding the lighting issues often associated with folding without affecting the smoking section. These are my 2 cents.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Alex, I too only lightly rub out my flakes, the end result is not a million miles different from cube cutting but without the effort of scissoring the flakes.
That way I end up with a long lasting and fully flavoured smoke.
Regards,
Jay.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Gee, putting the lit end in my mouth really hurt! What am I doing wrong... :crazy:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Some flakes like the McC broken flakes and the FVF I break up in a coffee grinder reserved for that use.
As to flipping it over so the bent side is up I had read that somewhere a month or two ago and started doing that with most regular flakes and it really works much better than putting the bent side down and that leaves the bottom more open.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
4.a. Press the "Any" key.
Sorry...
I've read about the twist then load-folded-end-up thing recently, haven't had a chance to try it yet. I suck at flakes with a capital SUCK, so I'm curious to try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.