PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I would recommend buying a blood pressure machine before smoking this if your are unfamiliar with strong tobaccos. I was gifted some by a chum of mine who lives in up state New York. I have not seen it mentioned on here and if it has been written up before then I apologize for the duplication. This stuff needs a sharp knife to slice it up and is a reasonable tan color with a pleasant smell. I found it sliced relatively easily and was quite a reasonable chew but best not chewed on an empty stomach. The tobacco had none of the grit you associate with some dips and chewed on par with Levi Garrett which actually makes this twist. Like Levi Garrett the twist is made up of big leaves and plenty of stalk which makes for a more satisfying chew in my opinion. I sliced up enough of the rope to fill a standard Pollock clay 'Cutty' pipe. The tobacco rubbered out well and I let it sit out for maybe half an hour before packing the clay with it. It took a couple of matches to get this stuff burning but once you get it going its not at all to bad. It has a slight taste of cigar, the room note is nothing really to write home about but the nicotine yield is very pleasing and on par with either Tambo or black twist. I didn't get the hiccups from it since as you all know I smoke some pretty horrendous shit on a daily basis so this was quite pleasant. Half way down the bowl it kicks up a notch and I could see untrained pipers getting their socks knocked off particularly if you were stupid enough to inhale. All in all a very nice after dinner tobacco but it is improved when in the second bowl I did a half Condor and half twist mixture and that I found very satisfying before bed although I did have some rather interesting dreams about Gloucester Cheese that night!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Just join the U-I thread as this week we ship out the Green Goddess to all who ordered last month - its the difficult stuff that takes a while!

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I've seen this before at a tobacco shop here in northern Illinois. Might try it sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.