PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A member PM'ed me asking re cost of whiskies in the States. I said I'd find out and let him know. But failed miserably. I don't drink, and my forays to supermarkets have been seldom.
So, could some kind gents supply this info? Maybe with some recommendations? I believe the info was to be related to Bourbon, but a smattering of Scotches would be interesting. Your locale would also be of interest.
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I usually pay ~$55 for 750ml of Laphroaig 10 unless it's on sale. If I'm not drinking scotch then it's usually Wild Turkey 101 for $25 for 750ml. Some of the nicer bourbons go for $30-$60. My state definitely doesn't have the best prices on liquor though.

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
Handle of old granddad runs about $18
Handle of George Dickel is $28 and some change

ryeguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2017
I'm really curious how this thread came to be.
First, why would someone care what whiskey costs in the US unless he is in a position to buy it; and if he's in a position to buy it, wouldn't he know the price?
And why whiskey in general, rather than this or that whiskey?
And why would a member PM another member to post the question for him, rather than just starting his own thread?
Inquiring minds must know.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
According to the linked article, whiskey in Colorado $22.99.
Posting in forums after consuming said bottle = Priceless.

Jun 4, 2014
Here in PA home of state controlled liquor sales, we pay higher prices. Laphroaig 10 year old $49.99, The Macallan 12 year old $59.99, Knob Creek 100 proof $34.99, Makers Mark $29.99.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That damned "e", or not, in the spelling of whisky/whiskey is a true annoyance. I think I willfully ignore it and hope I get it wrong for the context, just for spite. Thanks for the N.C. ABC store link. Because of my wife's meds, we/I rarely buy anything, but it is a vaccine against sticker shock to review prices. The ABC stores have been reviewed suspiciously in the press over the years as to the disposition of revenue. I don't know about that, but I find the inventory limited compared to states where the liquor stores are run privately. There, of course, the licensing cash flow is often suspect, but c'est la vie.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
In CO I can get Laphroaig 10 YO for $35, Lagavulin 16 YO for $85, & Wild Turkey 101 for $19.

Additionally, on Monday's I get a Senior Discount of 15%!
mackeson:

The article is most 4 years old. Jack Daniels Old No.7 is $20 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.