PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
For my 45th wedding anniversary, my wife told me to make arrangements for a new stem and band on a Comoy Trend 225 that I had picked up. The pipe is a beaut, but the stem wasn't the original and fit poorly. It also had a horrible peach colored band. Both contributed to a very reasonable price, so I felt the expenses to fix these problems would be worth it.
So . . . I cleaned it up, sent it for a new stem, and then to our "in-house wonder" for a new band. Not being artistic, and then being called away for my parents, I told my wife I had full confidence in whatever Michael did. I wish I'd taken "before" pictures so that you could see just how talented Michael is, he really did a wonderful job! Thanks so much!
Now the hard part, I've sworn not to smoke it until May 23rd (my actual anniversary)
date).

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That's a beaut! I've got a pipe that I want to forestall further damage to by some sort of reinforcement.

I was thinking that a nickel or silver band done by a reputable repairman might be the way to go.

I wonder if there are other materials used in this fashion? For a repair for a cracked mortise, say.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
There's one big problem, what do I get my wife??? She has more jewelry than she'll ever wear, not interested in a cruise, and hates going to Seattle, so a fancy night out is a no go. When I asked her what she wants, she just smiles and tells me that I'll think of something. This is a tough one!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Why torture yourself by setting a date when the pipe can be smoked when you've already met the requirements to justifiably spend the money?
Fire her up today, without the delay, unless of course the delayed gratification provides you with more goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.