PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmccarthy

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
Hello everyone! I just finished Navy boot camp last Saturday and am now at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Texas working on my Coprsman A-school.
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is going.
Cheers!

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Congrats! The best sailors I knew were Corpsmen. Let me know if they still use live pigs in combat life-saver Totally wrecked my desert cammies. I wouldn't worry too much though just get used to filling out medical jackets HM-1. Oorah!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Congrats (soon to be) Doc,
As a former active duty Marine I can't tell you how much we rely on you. Good luck in school.
Dan

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Couldn't help myself:
2011-02-08-Strip_103_The_Cure_All.gif

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I just finished Navy boot camp last Saturday and am now at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Texas working on my Coprsman A-school.
By becoming a Corpsman, you will be one of the most respected of all Naval personnel... by every U.S. Marine.

Thank you for your service to our country, my family, and me.
Smoking a bowl of Grousemoor for your good intentions.

:puffy:

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
One Corpsman almost cost me a leg, but another probably saved me an eye... all I can say is Thank You for your service... and study well Doc.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jeeze, that takes me back. I did Basic Electricity and Electronics, Radioman A School, and Morse Code C School

at San Diego, after boot camp there in (wait for it) 1968. Boot camp there closed eons ago, as did many places

I was, military and otherwise. Long Beach Naval Sta, Subic Bay, Clark Air Force Base, Naval Station Midway,

even Kowloon Hong Kong where I ventured on liberty has been torn down. I feel like I was sort of the angel

of death to whole bases and neighborhoods. They trained corpsmen in San Diego in those days. Anyway,

good luck future-Doc. I hope by the time you separate or retire, they have it worked out so you an apply your

medical skills directly to civilian needs, as a physicians assistant, or registered nurse, or something. That should

be pro-forma. The need is too great to be retraining people with extensive experience. Safe passage.

ebag

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2013
Congrats man. Good luck in A school and who knows I may see you out in the fleet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lawrence: Whoa, us Nav recruits used to look far across the fence at the Marine recruits slogging

through endless miles. Ours was an easier road, though rugged enough for me. I still remember

my Company Commander, the Navy's version of a DI. He was unhappy to be assigned our Company

708, since he was often assigned special drill team and ceremonial groups. He was a snappy guy,

Master Chief or some elevated enlisted grade. One time he offered us sugar cubes on the

inoculation circuit and the corpsman had to explain that the sugar cubes were the medium for

polio vaccine, not a treat to console our pain. They made a big deal out of recruits hiding snacks in

their dungarees. Fortunately, I've never been a snack guy, so never hoarded them. I guess I'm paying

in my antiquity with uneven glucose (though not diabetes so far). But in boot camp, my no-snack

habits made life a little easier. I voted for President for the first time in boot camp, absentee ballot.

popsmusix

Lurker
Feb 18, 2013
at San Diego, after boot camp there in (wait for it) 1968. Boot camp there closed eons ago,
I went through Navy boot camp in San Diego also. August 1986, it closed about a year later. I still keep in touch with a friend, a blood brother, see we were drinking...knife...oh never-mind. I really enjoyed my time in the Navy, good luck to you mrmccarthy, make the most out of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.