PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I just popped the tin tonight and am working my way through my first bowl.
The tin note is a very obvious fruity figgy note.
This is a wonderful naturally sweet Virginia blend with a nice nuttiness from the Burley and just a hint of spice from the Perique. The Perique comes through very nicely in a retrohale.
It's rather moist from a fresh tin. I just loaded up a bowl and went cause I'm impatient. It hasn't gotten wet or goopy and hasn't gotten too hot. I'm sure 20 minutes of dry time, load it up and let it sit, would really make for an even smoother smoke and probably make the flavors pop a bit more.
If you're looking for a nice fruity Virginia to enjoy definitely give this one a try!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes on subsequent bowls. I think this is a sort of match for Three Nuns, although I haven't checked back to see how it compares in the actual blend. This is scored as a mild blend, and I suspect it is mild on nicotine as well. C&D really knows how to utilize the best of burley in a non-aromatic.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I agree it's a nice naturally sweet blend, I tried a few bowls before I jarred it up to age and now it's been aging for around a year, I may have to open it soon.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I have a tin of it in the drawer with several years of age on it. I have never smoked it before but I look forward to popping open the tin.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I have been smoking Three Friars daily for a couple of weeks now. It has been in my cellar for about a year, fwiw. I think it's one of the best Va/Bur/Per blends C&D makes. I have about 6 lbs jarred in the cellar. Gotta love the bulk discounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.