Cornell and Diehl Three Friars Blend Change?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Former Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
If any of you read my short novel chronicling my trip with my father to Cup O' Joe's and Habana last weekend, I mentioned that when I bought my Three Friars for the month, it had latakia in it. When I took it back to Habana, Alex the assistant manager was gracious enough to show me that the bag that was marked Three Friars from the warehouse (which had just arrived) was the offender and not a simple error made in the store.
So, my question, has anyone heard of that blend changing? Would a blend be changed so drastically without forewarning? And, if so, wouldn't they change it on their company website?
I hope it was a labeling error in the factory or else I will be utterly heartbroken.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
It sounds like an email to C&D is in order. That is the only way you will know if it was just a mistake or if they have made some changes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
My wife got 4 oz of it in bulk for me a couple of weeks back and there's no latakia in mine. Maybe the company made an error and wrote the wrong blend on the bag?

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
This sounds like an error on C&D's part. It wouldn't be the first time. Usually a phone call or e-mail to C&D will fix things.

Status
Not open for further replies.