PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
As I work my way through some of C&D's blends to try out as many of them that I want, I've just opened a sample of Vieux Carré.
I gotta say, this is one very tasty blend. I can't taste the whiskey right away, but I find it in whisps as I smoke it nice and slow.
It burns very easily and is very smooth. I've had a few relights, but that's okay and expected with a cut like this. It feels very satisfying and I would have to say the nicotine is just a hair past medium. I might just have to pick up a few tins when I need to place another order.
If you want to give Vieux Carré a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed, but then again, I'm liking it a lot, so I may be biased.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I think I'm actually going to end up smoking straight through this sample, which will be a first. Typically I try a bowl and move on to my next new blend with the next tasting session, but not with this one. It's just hitting the spot right now for some reason. Looking forward to adding this one to my list to cellar.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I tried this blend very early in my journey and hated it. But after a few years of experience I came back to it and loved it. I don’t cellar it, but I will throw a tin in the que a few times a year and it’s a great change of pace.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
npod, that's not an uncommon experience, as you know. If you don't like a blend that's new to you, always jar it up and try it later. The blend may mellow a little, but more likely your taste will have developed or you may just be more relaxed and open to a new blend. That has happened to me at least several times.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I think maybe it's because I was drawn very early on to English blends, thanks in part to my first tin of Black Frigate. BF was only the second actual tin of tobacco I had ever purchased thanks to all the push from it I saw when I first joined here. It opened my eyes to the delicious taste of latakia and orientals that help to make up the flavors of English blends. I think my cellar is going to consist of mostly stuff I can buy in bulk, just because I like the value, but stuff I really like and can only find in tins, I think I'll buy many of. Black Frigate is one and now I think Vieux Carré is going to be another.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Matt, is that one of the samples in the little baggies I sent you from last years CPS? If so, how are they holding up? They've been in them baggies for almost 10 months.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Matt, is that one of the samples in the little baggies I sent you from last years CPS? If so, how are they holding up? They've been in them baggies for almost 10 months.
Yes sir! They are holding up pretty well, actually! I just pulled out some C&D Burley Flake #5 to smoke and it seemed a little dry at first, but after rubbing the flake out, it still had a little moisture in it. I typically smoke my tobacco on the drier side anyways, so they're all basically ready to smoke right from the bag. The Dreams of Kadath still actually required a little dry time for me. They still smell really great and appear to be in great condition.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Matt, it's on sale at SPC for 15% off...$8.49 a tin. Sale ends Tuesday 3/5.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I saw that Scott,thanks for the reminder. I'm tossing a bunch of tins in my cart as we speak! It's cheap enough as it is, but who doesn't like saving a few bucks, except for Cosmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.