PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
CND.Crowley.32416_3.jpg

So what's in this one?
I'm dusting off the Slayer and Therion LPs for the occasion of its drop!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Seeing as this is Cornell and Diehl, something burley-related might be a good idea. :mrgreen:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Bright Virginia, Red Virginia, some of that Dark Fired Kentucky Burley and rum-soaked Perique?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
This blend has Popped up on "Masoniera" I believe that's the correct blog, it's being sited there that Crowley was an Expelled Mason. That's not exactly true. He Recived the Degrees in Mexico, the lodge may not have been "Regular", buts that's debatable as well. One would have to understand Masonry around this period and its relation to the Grand Lodge of England and Continental Masonry. Boy is that ever an undertaking. Lodges in the same town were known to be hostile towards one another.
I could debate this on the blog site, but another password and another membership. SCREW THAT. THOUGHT I'd add this to the Crowley discussion for the benefit of the forum.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
This looks interesting, no info on the C&D site that I could find other than "The Beast 2oz"
BTW, It's been a while but I think John Symonds' book King of the Shadow Realm goes into Crowley's (iirc) honorary 33rd degree after being accused of pilfering that degree's highest rite involving some not so straight sex magick. Of course it was proven to be self devised and the degree was then conferred upon him. Maybe hazy on those details...
As for my soundtrack of choice to the (hopefully)inaugural smoking of the Beast, complete with samplings from frater P himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCXYGkQdyj8&index=3&list=PLxp_c_OXkdtCZk1qv8jrAlshz5NQS7l_t&nohtml5=False

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Hadn't thought about those guys for awhile. Wandering through the cavernous catacombs of memory...

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Would not surprise me if this will be a Chicago show release. Drop a few hints now, get the excitement up and then offer it up at the show.

briarfriar

Can't Leave
This blend has Popped up on "Masoniera" I believe that's the correct blog, it's being sited there that Crowley was an Expelled Mason. That's not exactly true... I could debate this on the blog site, but another password and another membership. SCREW THAT. THOUGHT I'd add this to the Crowley discussion for the benefit of the forum.
Sorry, that actually was my error, but I corrected it thanks to your comment here. I wrote expelled because of faulty memory, but after reading your comments, I consulted that wonderful Yukon/British Columbia website and had my memory refreshed. (My blog is here. Masoneria357 is a site that steals content from everywhere.)
Jay

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
"Irregular" that might be better suited, briarfriar. :clap:
The OTO was a quasi-Masonic fraternity, not recognized as such by the UGLE, before Crowley became its head. It's purpose was to still be a Masonic body even after Crowley took over. Never was it supposed to be a Magical System nor Society, but ethical. It's secrets were sexual in nature and still remained sexual after Crowley took reign. The rituals were rewritten, quite beautifully actually, and were romantically Templar in origin. Crowley did a damn good job. Was Crowley a Freemason? Yes. Was Crowley Raised in a "Regular" Lodge? I don't know and probably will never find out. If Crowley did not have command of his Masonic Knowlege, I believe Theodor Reuss would have thrown Crowley out by the bow tie if he suspected a Cowan. Reuss was involved in many different Masonic Bodies at the Founding of the OTO and before. Quite an interesting subject of research for Masons and Non-Mason's alike.
Side note: the magical formula of Crowley's Thelema was 93. The Substitue equals 93 by use of the English Qabalah. I doubt very seriously that the Current KnumSkulls of the OTO have discovered this Intriging secret. Perhaps Crowley did bring in the new Aeon. :wink:

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Les, I saw it lasted on the C&D site when I posted here, but now I can't find it anymore and I'm not sure how I found it. But it clearly had a page that said Small Batch The Beast 2 oz where the image wouldn't load. So I don't know what the heck is up. I guess you have to ask whoever first posted the image that's in the OP where they got it from.
We were probably testing the new listing. Let me assure you though, this is real, and we will be talking more about it soon.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Silly Oldbear, that's great. Will this tin art be simple Small Batch label, or is there going to be a nice Limited run with different Crowley Pics on the side of the can, Talismanic symbols and all?

Status
Not open for further replies.