Cornell & Diehl Redburn Sounds Delicious!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Kyle's tobacco reviews are usually either amusing or mouthwatering. I almost drooled over this one. Here's a nice Fall smoke with excellent Autumn-styling on the photos. This tobacco has my name written all over it, and I think most of you will like it too!
c-d-redburn-02-725.jpg

Check it out!

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/cornell-diehl-redburn/

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I may have to give this one a try? I don't smoke many C&D blends, but this one sounds like it may be up my alley. A crumble cake Va/Bur... I have to try it at least once. I hope the topping really is muted as reported.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oh how the fates work lol. Last month I hit up the local B&M for a meet up with some pipe friends and one of the guys bought a tin of this on a whim. He opened it and let everyone have a bowl. First impression was it was pretty good. I wouldn't call it an aromatic really, because the molasses and the rum really just seem to highlight some of the leaf flavor profiles. This crumble cake is nearly a perfect cut. It pulls apart really easily and is pretty easy to load. It stays lit really well with some light infrequent puffing. It's a bit on the moist side, but I've had fairly dry smokes just loading the bowl and going. I'm definitely going to store this blend up in my cellar. It was nice to read Kyle's review. Perfect timing.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The review is spot on. Wonderful burley and bread notes. I absolutely love this one.
Redburn isn’t for the “Exclusive” aromatic smoker, but the burley fanatic.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
It's in my cart right now, after being such a fan of Briar Fox and ordering pounds of it, I figured I should try it. I hear it's the Burley version of the...pirate boat thing... Hahaha

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I'm a Burley fan, but I didn't care for this one. I haven't given up on it yet but to me it just tastes like a cigar. If I wanted a cigar, I'd smoke a cigar.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Because 2:20pm on a Saturday is plenty late enough to be cocktail hour, I can now strongly recommend pairing Redburn with a Manhattan (with a just bit extra syrup from the luxardo cherries). Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.