PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A tin of this wandered my way and I am thoroughly enjoying it:
Summary: a gentle topping brings out the interaction between spicy Perique and nutty Burley, sweetened by Virginias.
C&D has been leading the pack with toppings that emphasize more natural flavors that gently complement the tobacco, and this tastes like a combination between liquor, wine and citrus or something like the above. It is not intrusive and takes a background note that harmonizes with the Dark Fired Kentucky (Burley) and Perique which are the centerpiece of this blend. Like the blending Dark Fired Kentucky Burley, this leaf has been smoked less so has more of a nutty Burley flavor with barbecue undertones than the solid, Latakia-level smokiness of the usual dark fired blend. The Virginias soar in like violins behind a strong brass chorus, sweetening the mix and giving it a bit more space between these dueling flavors. With a moderate dose of Nicotine, this is a good smoke (ironically) for getting work done, and the convenient crumble cake is easy to transport and work with.
Thanks to Pipes Magazine founder Kevin Godbee and Smoking Pipes for this sample, which was gifted to me as a prize in the monthly caption contest.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/6784#review86146
It's not the firepower blaster that JackKnife Plug is, but a sweeter and lighter tobacco to take the mind off of things, with enough Nicotine to keep even the maniacs happy over a longer smoke.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I like the shadow, quite different from the norm. It's taste & strength never fail to satisfy.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Had a couple 8oz tins in my cart this morning, and at the last moment decided to go with two 8 oz Quiet Nights tins. So, as Mr. Smart used to say, "Missed it by that much."

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I won a tin of this in the Cartoon Contest and later bought a pound of it. Very good blend and your right, it has the right amount of nicotine to satisfy even cigarette smokers.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
A tin found its way into the box pass and I smoked quite a bit of it. Liked it lots but never got around to buying any.

Status
Not open for further replies.