Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
first-responders.jpg

Cornell & Diehl First Responders is another new blend that was released at the Chicago Pipe Show. Actually, it is a re-release of G. L. Pease's Tribute. It is a blend of red, bright and stoved Virginias with a dash of Perique and toasted Cavendish.
I really like this blend a lot. I could smoke this all day at any time of day or night. This is a great anytime blend with a solid medium-bodied flavor.
The tin aroma is quite nutty. The usual response to this is, "Oh the nuttiness comes from the Burley tobacco" ... but there is no Burley in First Responders. To me, it actually smells like taking a whiff of a jar of roasted peanuts, and it tastes very much like that as well.
First Responders is nutty and leathery with a rich medium body. It has a full, yet ultra smooth mouth feel. Closing your mouth and exhaling through your nose is recommend with this one too.
It reminds me of a Pay Day Candy Bar with just a slight peppery hint. I highly recommend it, and it is in stock at your favorite retailers now.
pay-day-candybar.jpg

first-responders-tobacco.jpg

first-responders-close-up.jpg

first-responders-tin-back.jpg

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
Wow! Payday is my favorite candybar. I may have to go after some of this.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Payday has always been my favorite candybar. Any candy with nuts has always hit me right where I lived - so - I guess I will have to try it soon too.

ps27

Lurker
Oct 6, 2010
@Kevin - Absolutely. The only thing would be finding the appropriate accompanying beverage. I've always liked milk with my Paydays. Somehow I Don't see that working with a Payday/First Responder treat. Cola and peanuts were always good. Maybe something with that in the mix? Or bee? There's always beer.
So you've tasted First Responder. What's gonna' do the trick?

standardgewehr

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2011
Awesome blend. Nice and nutty as noted, smokes perfect right out of the tin, goodly dose of vitamin N. Kevin's review is dead nuts. :mrgreen:
Pure genius from GLP & C&D. Bravo!

Jul 12, 2011
C&D makes great bacci...if you also like med-English I would snag a tin of Low County "Cooper" from

Smokingpipes.com one of my all time tabs ( smells and tastes of great BBQ )

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I have 3.5 ozs of First Responders I am looking to trade.... Open to all types so PM me if interetested....

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
This is a blend I was really looking forward to trying. Payday candy bar? I am in! As Payday is my favorite candy bar. However, I found this blend to have too much perique and something else that just made me dizzy and sweat. Very disappointed - I ended up trading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.