Tags:   

Cornell & Diehl Father the Flame

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by mrharris
  • Latest reply from bluegrasspipe
  1. mrharris

mrharris

Login to Send PM

On Father's Day this year, I visited Strauss Tobacconist in Florence, Kentucky. It was a quick visit and I was looking to use some Father's Day dough to get a new pipe. Although I did not find a pipe that I wanted, perhaps because I am far too particular, I did find a tin of Father the Flame. I had recently looked at the trailer for the upcoming documentary and was interested when I saw it. Got home later that evening and smoked a bowl out of my rusticated Baronet Bruyere. I love this stuff. I wanted to try something more pure and this straight English was very enjoyable. It smoked well with no relights necessary and provided a very cool smoke. Anyone else try this of late?

“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
    – The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. cshubhra

cshubhra

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have one unopened tin to sample later.

Family, small sporty cars, food and drink (Including tobacco) and a nice book!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tastes change - but my current favorites : Ashton Artisan's Blend, Dunhill Nightcap, Dunhill London Mixture
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. craiginthecorn

craiginthecorn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have one of the Father The Flame commemorative pipes that Chacom donated to the project as a fundraiser. They were selling them at the Chicago Pipe show. Nice classic small bulldog that Chacom reportedly had made in the 1950s from Algerian briar. Of course, with a cool Father The Flame stamp on the shank. Has a stinger. I'm still breaking this one in as the bowl was bare briar with none of that newfangled coating or Dr. Grabow-style presmoking.

I plan to buy a tin of the tobacco and also pre-order the digital copy of the documentary, which would get my name added to what I'm sure will be a lengthy set of credits.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. mrharris

mrharris

Login to Send PM

craigintheorn, this is awesome. I will definitely donate and get the download. As of now there are only about 25 pipes left. I'm not sure if I'll get that far into it, but what a great cause.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Ooooh. PAD sense tingling.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. chasingembers

Embers

Login to Send PM

Picked up ten tins when it was released. Nice balanced blend without being a lat bomb.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. zitotczito

zitotczito

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ooooh. PAD sense tingling.

I will if you will, I need someone to egg me on.

And I have one in the cart.

And 999 posts.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. chasingembers

Embers

Login to Send PM

Have to be good. Spent WAY too much money this month. If that was a zulu or a yachtsman, I would have posted after purchasing though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. beezer

beezer

Login to Send PM

I am working through a tin right now of the Small Batch "Straight Up English", which I take to be the same blend but released back in February 2016. I also love this stuff. Not quite sure what the allure is, but I just keep gravitating to it. It is an excellent blend when I first wake up with a cup of coffee. I can't remember how many tins I have in the cellar, but I've got enough to last me a while.

I also recommend folks give this blend a try.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. bluegrasspipe

bluegrasspipe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Does anyone have any advice on when this blend would be at the perfect age, or should I just pop the top already?
    I would assume the virginias will continue to develop quite a while, but when will the latakia start to fade?
    FYI I only bought one tin..

For tho' at my simile many may joke,
    Man is but a pipe—and his life but smoke.
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   carolinachurchwarden, mawnansmiff, sumusfumus, raybrown55