PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
What a nice tobacco! I was gifted some Aged Exhausted Rooster from 2011 and have enjoyed it from time to time so I purchased a new tin. The color difference was drastic and caught my eye right away. The new tin note is sweet from the Virginias and complemented with some Burley and a touch of Perique per the description.
An underrated blend in my opinion.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds mighty fine. I like most of the C&D non-aromatic burley blends I've tried. C&D knows that territory. If you like burley, you can probably find something perfect for you.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I watched a youtube video of a tour of their NC facility.

tour

Exhausted Rooster was one of Chris Tarler's recommendations. I'll get to it. It's a tinned product, so I will be patient.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I've never tried it, but I do tend to love C&D blends.
Well... time to add something else to my ever-growing list...

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I have done a lot of tin baking with several different blends lately, including a C&D tin of Exhausted Rooster that exploded on me while in the oven and there were bird feathers all over the place along with a lot of tobacco leaf. I had a heck of a time cleaning all the tobacco out of there before my wife got home. I was lucky. If she had found tobacco shards all over her nice oven, instead of being an exhausted rooster from all that cleaning, I would have been a dead one. I do think that tired old bird (in addition to being lucky), is a mighty fine tobacco!

May 31, 2012
I have done a lot of tin baking with several different blends lately, including a C&D tin of Exhausted Rooster that exploded on me while in the oven and there were bird feathers all over the place along with a lot of tobacco leaf. I had a heck of a time cleaning all the tobacco out of there before my wife got home. I was lucky. If she had found tobacco shards all over her nice oven, instead of being an exhausted rooster from all that cleaning, I would have been a dead one
Yowza!

LOL

:lol:
That's a great story,

thanks for sharing.
I wish that I could draw comics,

because an illustrated comic-strip version of some of your funnier stories would be so great!
That said,

your stories stand on their own good enough in text form,

the mental pictures in my head from reading your description had me howling!

:P

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I enjoy it as well, but it does well with some age on it. One of the few blends with perique I can tolerate.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Well punned pipestud! :clap:
I tried tin baking on a latakia blend I put together. I was pretty impressed with the outcome. I plan to try it some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.