Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It is no surprise, and quite common that reading tobacco reviews can make your mouth water, create a desire to smoke a pipe, and bring on Tobacco Acquisition Disorder. As the Editor of PipesMagazine.com, it is obvious that I read all of the tobacco reviews we publish. The latest from Mr. Roberts makes me want to smoke all three of these new Cornell & Diehl tobaccos for the rest of the day and night. It's about to get smokey in here!
Here's everything you need to know about the first three entries in the C&D Cellar Series in an informative and entertaining article;

"The Joy of Smokes".

crimsonrat

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2014
The Oak Alley is some fantastic stuff. I've squirrelled away a decent amout to see what actually happens when it turns the "recommended" 10-15 years old. I was really surprised I liked it a bit more than the Chenet's Cake, but there's something about the Oak Alley that just does it for me. Good review.

Jul 15, 2011
Being the gigantic Cornell and Diehl whore that I am, I really need to get a couple of each of these, as well as the other entries in the "working man" series, which means I have to get online and spend even more money on tobacco now.
:?
Man I really hate you guys some days. :mrgreen:
I kid, I kid.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
The blends smoke fine right now. Enjoy, but put some aside for your future enjoyment!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I know I'll end up buying these as they are potent. I'm unsure about Chenet's however as it's 35% perique. I smoke John Patton "Cool Hand Fluke," which is 40%, and in this blend the perique dominates. I really like perique, but I don't like it that much!

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I am of the belief that every tobacco manufactured is ready to smoke "now". But, I have aged a number of different blends and I have never been disappointed, including aromatics.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

trucha

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 26, 2013
Thanks for the review. I just ordered a couple of each from p&c thanks to their 20% off sale.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I grabbed 6 tins of the Chenet's Cake and Oak Alley each. I have not tried any yet, but plan to try some soon to determine if it is worth cellaring more. The descriptions definitely caught my attention.

Oh, and great write up!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm into some of the C&D bulk burley blends right now -- Pegasus, Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, Big'n'Burley, and

Dark Burley. What an array of blends around burley tobaccos. You can make a whole rotation out of these.

I alternate with some Va/Per, English, and aromatics, but these full-strength burley blends are a whole new

landscape. No bite, and no problem from their substantial nicotine. I expected to want to go easy, but au

contraire. After a big meal, ah.

Status
Not open for further replies.