Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Cornell & Diehl continue to grow their unique and enticing "Cellar Series" with the release last month of Old Grove and Bourbon Bleu. I've personally had a chance to smoke Bourbon Bleu, and I love it! This tobacco's tin aroma is amazing, and the flavor when smoked in a pipe is a tasty treat.
Check out our dual review of both Old Grove and Bourbon Bleu.

Oops, They Did It Again

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice job, E. Roberts. Both sound distinctly tempting, but to me, a non-aro devotee if not snob, the Bourbon Bleu really puts out the welcome mat. Still, the idea of Pomegranate as a flavoring (with a grape soda twang) discourages me less coming from Cornell & Diehl than some other source, since I know there is big tobacco flavor in the back room and not shy about coming forward.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have stocked up on the Bourbon Blue as I found it to be real good. This is exactly my opinion as well:
“…it will likely sweeten considerably over time with its predominantly Virginia composition absorbing the bourbon and orchestrating the show. The sweet vegetal notes should balance out the heavier smokiness of the dark-fired considerably in as little as four or five years’ time; though it’s a good smoke now, it’s still quite young and eager to mature into a great one.”
The stated target date of 10 to 15 years of cellar time by C & D is a lot to ask of us mere mortals.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I recently smoked Bourbon Bleu for the Pax tobacco crawl and I must say it is a very nice smoke. It is one that I do intend to stock up on in my cellar. For some reason I really like the tin art on this one as well...stands out to me for some reason? :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.