PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
bmf-003-016-0029.jpg

I picked up an 8oz tin of this at SP.com and this stuff is GOOD...suggest you throw

a 2oz tin on your next TAD order if you a VaPer hound like myself ;-) I think you might

enjoy this one. :puffy:
I'm going back over to SP.com now to throw another 2-8oz tins on the order for aging because

I see this blend doing even greater with 12-14 months on her :worship:
BMF has that Sweet & Tangy with nice spice that I crave in my VaPer blends...smoking this

one in a Meer with 3/4" chamber and cube-cut it (now the broken flake is "thick" but still

able to get a good cut/prep on her, just make sure as always you give enough dry-time. I

give about 12 hours of drying time with a 70-75F w/low humidity setting
My VaPer Hound Prefs;

Escudo

SG's SJF

MC's St. James Woods

L.J. Peretti's London Flake

Solani's 633

Marlin Flake

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the heads-up on BMF. I've always wondered about it, but, with so many VaPers on the market

it seems like there is always some other brand to buy. Now for sure I'll make a point of trying it.

Jul 12, 2011
You got it Cortez. Now to my palate and nose I'm also picking up some Burley (C&D likes to put it in everything) but it isn't front-center, but sitting in the shadows
C&D blends I think are love/hate for some...I didn't care for them coming at first coming from MC, SG, Dunhill, Solani, etc. blends..but at times I enjoy a lil rough edge and with age all blends seem to soften the rough edges out and make for a smoother

smoke... I also find it is very important to list other blends a piper is smoking and enjoys when talking about a new blend to try. Following this method from the very start, I have never been let down by new TAD purchases
I have several favs now from C&D;

Billy Budd

Crooked Lane

Night Train

Bayou Morning Flake

Bayou Night

Morning Drive

Lunchtime Blues

Three Friars

Star of the East

Bow-Legged Bear

First Responders
On Radar to Try;

Exhausted Rooster

Briar Fox

Sunday Picnic

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Interesting. The Bayou Morning in bulk is a shag cut. The heat wave has me smoking this more than the heavier FVF and SJF. The fact that it comes in a flake (my favorite cut) will have me snag a tin next time I'm at the B&M. I've got about 10oz. of the bulk, bought a couple and then went back for more to fill a couple jars and stick in the cellar. They carry all the C&D bulk at $3 an oz. but when I bought 4 my new friend made it 5, plus an ounce of Three Friars. May have something to do with dropping off some SJF for them to try 8) . I sometimes throw in a little H&H VS or LR (besides the cigar leaf I think they're about the same), to kick it up with some reds and a little more Perique. I agree you can barely taste it, but there's a tiny bit of Burley present. All in all a nice smoking, mild brown leaf Vaper.
The Three Friars is supposed to be their take on Three Nuns. Has anyone done a comparison? To the old and new? It's not really my cup of tea.
The exhausted rooster is a power packed BurPer, not for the empty stomach. But it's a flake and about the only Burley I smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.