PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Today, was a very special day. I received three items I was waiting on. The first, was my new Manz pipe. A wonderful little blowfish-esque sandblasted pipe, and with it some wonderful bars of German chocolate, aka "schokolade". One milk chocolate and two charities of some bitter dark. I know this my sound stupidity those who have never had it, but it is fantastic. Notches above our US chocolate.
Also in my mail, was an order from smokers haven. Two tins of Exotique, one 8oz and one 2oz.
I sat on my patio, loaded the Manz with its first bowl, Exotique of course. I at a few pieces of the chocolate throughout the bowl, and it was simply stunning.
Chocolate, especially a good dark, pairs well with a bowl of tobacco, and even better when it's paired with some espresso.
Words cannot express my temporary piece of nirvana. An excellent pipe, outstanding tobacco, succulent chocolate, and a fantastic espresso with some soy milk and half a teaspoon of come cocoa powder from brazil to even the edges a bit.
Feel free to tell us about a wonderful experience with some particular pairings you may have had.
Chubbs

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Here it is, on the left. The other is a Roush.

image_zps4f3cb1ae.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Very nice Chubster. I really like your taste in pipes. I don't have a Maenz but hope to get one one day. I do however have 4 Roushs, all bought new from Larry (one a commission), and they are magnificent pipes. Don't you just love those leather zipped cases that Larry uses?

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Thanks gents.
Peck, Larry's cases are great! I really enjoy them. And I appreciate the comment in my pipes. This past yer I really figured out what I wanted in pipes, and I started over. I only had one pipe so far, that I didn't care for. An Eltang Tubos. Thought I would love it but I didn't.
Cornelius's pipes are great. He's a great guy as well. I dot care for bowl coatings, but hisbisnpretty neutral. Not as neutral as Larry's but it isn't bad at all. Te chocolate I was eating is made in the same town as Joura lives in.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Well Harris, the verdict is still out. I will say, I smoked two bowls back to back of Exotique, which is a pretty wet blend, and it didn't show the slightest bit of moisture in the bowl, none. So it is one heck of a smoker, but the roush gets abused and never stops. Right now they are equal, and aesthetically, the Manz is fantastic, but I also enjoy the look and feel of the roush.
Buy one of each if you can :) I recommend them both!

Status
Not open for further replies.