Cornel and Diehl Now Has a Cthulhu Themed Line of Tobaccos....WHAT?!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So I'm minding my own business on the smoking pipes website (in secret, of course, so as not to alert my wife to the fact that I'm looking to spend money that I don't have), and I start to see these Cornell and Diehl tobaccos that are themed around the Cthulhu mythos. I am a huge whore for Cornell and Diehl tobacco to begin with, and I am also a huge Cthulhu and H.P. Lovecraft nerd. Why didn't anyone tell me this existed?! What else have you people been keeping from me?! That's it, you're all fired. :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wow, you really have been away for a while. The Old Ones series will soon be out for a year.

Jul 15, 2011
Yeah I put the down the pipe for a while about 3 or 4 years ago for reasons that I won't get into here, and I picked it back up here about 2 weeks ago for reasons that I also won't get into here, so there's been quite a lot that I missed. I think the last time I smoked regularly was right about the time that they were introducing the new War Horse blends to the American public, if that tells you anything.
In all seriousness, has anyone tried any of these, and if so, how are they? I mean, it's Cornell and Diehl, so I'm sure that I will find something to like about them.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Beware the Cthulhu series. They contain tobaccos of eldritch origins which are.....unnameable....indescribable.....witch haunted...I'm not sure, but they are pretty tasty. Charles Dexter Ward and Joseph Curwen give it two thumbs up.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
there's been quite a lot that I missed. I think the last time I smoked regularly was right about the time that they were introducing the new War Horse blends to the American public, if that tells you anything.
Yes, that certainly explains everything. It's so good to know you managed to regain consciousness.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Forums member Scott sent me a sample of Dreams of Kadath and several others from the Chicago show, and boy, is it terrific! I didn't even know it was part of this series, but if the others are anything like this, order the whole set. C&D has my number. I have yet to find a blend I don't like. Bayou Night didn't work for me the first time around, years ago, sent from Morganton, but lately I ordered the current version and it's one of my late evening smokes.

Jul 15, 2011
Dreams of Kadath does sound like it would be right up my alley, so I might have to include that in my order, or if there is someone out there with a surplus that they would be willing to trade even a partial tin of, I'm sure I have something that would make it worth your while.
No Herbert West?

Good lord, there's a movie that I need to go back and watch again. I can just see it now: "Reanimator. 7 different kinds of Burley with a hefty dose of Dark Fired Kentucky. This blend has enough nicotine to wake the dead!" :rofl:

Jul 15, 2011
Put an order in with spc earlier today and managed to snag some dreams of kadath. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Does anyone know if there are more than just the ones listed below?
Innsmouth

Miskatonic Mixture

Dreams of Kadath

Awakened Elder

Mad Fiddler
I'm a huge Lovecraft fan and now, apparently, in addition to PAD I seem to be "suffering" from TAD?

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I am also a huge Cthulhu and H.P. Lovecraft nerd
My friend has an HP Lovecraft themed bar
Logo-Final.jpg

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
I suppose I'll be buying a tin of each next paycheck. I've noticed them before so this is a decent reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.