PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Anyone see the character smoking a MM cob pipe in the Discovery Channel mini series "Klondike"? Interesting to see a central character in a "western" smoking a pipe. At one point he makes the comment that smoking a pipe helps ward off the mosquitos! I might have to remember that little tidbit when out in the woods next Summer. Unfortunately, the pipe isn't historically accurate as the pipe has a modern stem and appears to be a current production MM. Would have been more accurate to have seen a cob pipe with a bamboo stem. Otherwise, so far a very interesting mini series.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've seen the trailers for that show, and will have to remember to watch it. Yeah, I keep thinking that pipe smoke keeps the skeeters away, but I'm not too sure it works, as I still seem to get bites. I think deet works better, but smoking is more fun and smells better. :lol:

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Neither pipe or cigar smoke have worked to keep mosquitos away from me ... what DOES work is a fan ... they don't seem to be able to cope with the moving air ...

He's the same actor that was in O' Brother Where Art Thou, great guy. It's a fascinating series, apparently made by the same folks that made the Game of Thrones HBO series. I like that they don't hesitate to kill off main characters, and good guys can become bad guys, bad guys become good guys. Captivating! Good flick!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I use to smoke backwoods cigars to keep the Mosquitos out of my face. That's all it was good for they attacked the rest of me.
I have seen the preview for this show and want to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.