PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamike

Might Stick Around
Jun 2, 2013
Blue Ridge Mountains
I did a search on this and could find no posts. Has anyone tried the Corleone pipes sold by BNB Tobacco? Is it a briar? Seems awfully cheap at eighteen bucks.

Dec 24, 2012
But, now you come to me, and you say: "Give me a pipe." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and all you offer me is Mixture 79.

Aug 1, 2012
:laughat:

But, now you come to me, and you say: "Give me a pipe." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather. Instead, you come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married, and all you offer me is Mixture 79.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Perhaps if you do not try the pipe you will wake up best to the horse's head the following morning.
That was a great movie.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If it's working for you, Corleone or not, that's what's important. There are a number of low-priced briars that

are good. Look at Chapuis-Comoy on tobaccopipes.com. They only have some of the pipes pictured; look for

the "Add to Cart" icon; that means they're in stock. Missouri Meerschaum and Old Dominion make some mighty

fine corn cob pipes that could build your rotation for not much money.

Tito_Berto

Lurker
Nov 11, 2012
Philippines
Hi Vamike!
I am pipe smoker for almost 5 years. I have 2 Corleone pipes - 1 classic pipe, 1 the manager. I also have 1 Corn Cob pipe and 1 Ozark Mountain Hardwood pipe.
My first pipe was Corleone - classic pipe. Since pipes are rare here in the Philippines, I just bought whatever is available. And at that time I was just a newbie. So I bought it. I wasn't even aware that the brand I was buying was Corleone.
I wasn't familiar about the differences of pipes then. After reading few articles,and seeing pictures of pipes here I thought the one I bought was a briar pipe. Lately, I found out that Corleone pipes are not briar pipes. They are rosewood.
My first pipe was worth Php 1,800 - equivalent to $40 if the foreign exchange is worth 45pesos per $1. My second pipe was given to me by my girlfriend.
Considering the price and the rarity of pipe here in the Philippines, $40 is just fine compared to buying a pipe in the internet plus shipping fee plus the expense when you pay in the customs.
I am surprised to find out that Corleone pipes are worth eighteen bucks. That is very low price.
I suggest you try it. It smokes good. I smoke Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey in my Corleone Classic pipe, and Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish in my Corleone the manager pipe.
How I wish I can buy lots of Corleone pipes in 18 bucks. But I can't. I have to avail it in the store that ordered it from
Briar and meerschaum pipes are too expense - just the price of the pipe itself - plus the shipping fee when you buy it online.
But of course, it is my dream to smoke other types of pipes. I just have to save money for that.
I suggest you try it. It's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.