PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
So anyone that has seen me on here knows I have a love the $4.29 MM Ozark mountain pipes. To me they are the perfect working pipe that I have found so far. If I should have happen to break one cross your fingers I do not, I can always order another one. I am thinking of making a copycat pipe that looks the same as the loved Ozark but done completely in briar. I would however do the drilling different to see how it holds up but I just love this little pipe I want to make one or more.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, I like the simplicity of the design of those MM wood pipes. A few artisan carvers work in maple.

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
The Ozark Mountains are Birch.
I've thought of a similar pipe from briar myself. It would be a small piece of briar and pretty inexpensive I guess. Just a briar rod drilled to a bowl and a place to stick a stem and you'd have a pipe.

davek

Mar 20, 2014
Have you considered looking for a cheap estate pipe and fitting a MM stem to it? Often estates cost less because the stem is trashed. A good cleaning, a beeswax rub, and some work to fit the stem and you can have a decent looking working or "out and about" pipe.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Oh I'm always looking for estate pipes but I like to build them also. Aristocob also stated that MM is cancelling the hardwoods collection of their pipes. How true that is we will just have to see if retailers stop carrying the little pipes.

davek

Mar 20, 2014
Hmm, I'll have to try to find that. Hardwood, or Ozark I wonder. Post some pics of some of your work. I always enjoy seeing stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.