PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
SO the story goes on...after an in office test the thought was stage 1 COPD. The Doc wanted me to also go to the hospital to have a more complete eval. So I call them and they noticed me coughing on the phone and asked if I was sick. I told them I thought so but my primary did not address any emergent illness, he was more focused on the COPD eval. and thinking my symptoms lie therein. They told me to get it checked out because they cant do this test on a sick person. One week later, after selling my pipes and baccy, not a great deal to be sure but 4 pipes and about 2 pounds, I was at another Doc at a different practice and he tells me I have an acute respiratory infection, prescribes steroids and antibiotics for an ear infection which he said would cover pneumonia, though he didn't think I had that. So I have drugs which are helping, a true eval. to go to and may not have COPD after all. Stay tuned...(Am I slightly upset? yes).

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
You may or you may not. Certainly, upper respiratory illness will exacerbate COPD. Here's to hoping you do not friend, and that you have many comfortable pipe-filled years ahead.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Gee, you sure take good news hard. I guess my get well quick card worked. :wink:

At least it sounds like maybe you're not as sick as you thought. I hope.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Wow Geoffry!
I sure hope the first doc was wrong and I will continue to tell loved ones to "get a second opinion"!
Take care and keep us posted,
Darin

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I'm sorry. It must have seemed as though I did not appreciate this as the potential blessing it might be...its just been difficult with the back and forth, little to no sleep, breathing difficulties and some things going on in my personal life with my little girl being taken to Texas by my ex. I agree guys, could be a great thing and I am truly thankful for the shot at "redemption". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.