PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Great to see contemporary magicians carrying on some of the great sleight-of-hand traditions of folks like Dai Vernon.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Some years ago, one of my more interesting customers who stopped by my shop was Mentalist Chris Caldwell. He is a Phoenix based entertainer that performs feats of memory and telepathy for corporate functions. Here's a link to his web site:
http://www.chriscaldwell.net/
He would drop in occasionally for a pack of Sherman's cigarettes a regale my customers and I with card tricks and sleight-of-hand exibitions. I watched him very closely, and to this day, cannot figure out how he did some of the tricks.
One time he asked for a dollar bill. I gave him one out of my wallet. He asked me to sign my signature on it with a felt pen, which I did. He then folded it up and LIT IT ON FIRE! I watched as it burned to ashes in the ashtray. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out...nothing. He seemed confused and apologized for burning up my money. Then he took a dollar out of his wallet and gave it to me, again apologizing for the failed trick. After we chatted a bit, and he casually took out a pack of Marlboros and lit a cigarette. Right away he seemed to have draw problems with it. He squeezed it and then broke it in half. There, inside the cigarette, rolled up tight, was a dollar bill! He slowly unrolled it, and what do you know, it had my signature on it! All of this sleight-of-hand just mere inches from me. To this day I'm still astonished!

I traded him back his dollar, of course.
He also did a lot of card tricks, memory demonstrations and such. I always looked forward to his visits.
I've since given up trying to figure out how these guys do it and just enjoy the show.
Great video of Criss Angel. He is amazing.
CACooper

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I feel it's best if you don't try to figure out how it is done sometimes and you just stare in awe as if you were a small child. Thinking about some of it is frusterating!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Im glad to see there is some respect for Chris Angel. There's a lot of haters out there but I think he's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.