Cool Hand Fluke-Revisited

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by zitotczito
  • Latest reply from saltedplug
  1. zitotczito

zitotczito

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I first tried this in 2014 and my first impression was so-so. The blend has 4 VA's, 40% Perique and the blend was somewhat smooth for the percentage of Perique and not very spicy.

So I jarred it and now at over 4 years old I decided to try it again. I like it a lot better then when I first tried it. Much smoother and the blend has melded. The hay and grass notes are still there but more subdued and I seem to get a richer smoke then before. Time has helped this blend.

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I agree that age helps tremendously.

Ubi Ignis Est?
    Posted 4 months ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

A few years of age on perique completely changes its flavor profile for the better. As soon as i figured out which va/pers I liked, I started a rotation based on age.

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. bigtex

bigtex

Login to Send PM

Good report! I recently found a half pound that I jarred 3 or 4 years ago (it had been in storage since we moved). I expected to smell what one would think heaven smells like, but it smell more like dirty fishing socks. I was nearly heartbroken so I closed the lid and put it back on the shelf. A couple of weeks passed and I opened the jar again to smell and it was heavenly! Maybe I’ll smoke a bowl tomorrow!

Making Pipe Smoking Great Again!
    Posted 4 months ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

brendan18

Login to Send PM

I would love to buy this blend as i am big VaPer head, but 4noggins doesn't make it anymore.

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. kola

kola

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A John "The Cobfather" Patton blend. I think the guy passed away. I'm unsure if he left his recipes to 4Noggins.

I treat people the way they treat me. It's that simple.
    Posted 4 months ago #
  7. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Va and Va/Per will improve with aging if anything will. Glad to hear this worked for you with this blend.

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. saltedplug

saltedplug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoked a lot of this blend in the effort to smoke budget tobacco, but I finally gave it up, and I really can't say why I lost interest. If I had to do it over, I'd smoke something of higher quality, perhaps a C&D VA/Perique as they are cheaper. The blender didn't like perique but still wanted to do a blend, and pronounced the outcome a "fluke."

Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   gorillafly, mso489, ashdigger, brooklynpiper, clickklick, cosmicfolklore, cigrmaster, mikefu, autumnfog, didimauw, morgansteele, alaskanpiper, ron123, cortezattic, jaygreen55