PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
I was recently in what's called "The Peddler's Mall" which is like a little flea market store. I ran across something on the shelf that caught my eye. A large tin that said "Cookie Jar Pipe Tobacco" in large letters on a yellow label. It had been sealed back the way it was, and still had probably close to the same 12 ounces it came with. The container wasn't rusty, and the tobacco inside was dry as can be, but still smelled pleasant and looked okay. I wanted so bad to bring it to life and hated to see so much wasted. Is my worry of it justified with it being an old aromatic? Or is there a possibility it may be even better with it's age? Just figured I would ask opinion on this as visually I couldn't see anything wrong with it and I've heard tobacco can keep for quite a long time.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
It definitely won't be better with age, as the factors of aging aren't there. I brought back to life some tobacco that was really old and dry a few years ago, I still haven't worked my way through it and it was only 50 grams. If it's cheap enough, go for it, but it won't be anything like it was before. I find the stuff I brought back to life has a kind of weird taste to it that most likely wasn't there originally.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Peddler's Mall? Love that place!
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/656/lane-limited-cookie-jar

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Thats the one chasingembers! It was $10. Likely could still get it if i want. Peddler's Mall I am talking about is in Somerset, KY...dont go there. Theres stuff I dont want you to see until I have it ;)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The one's I usually go to are in Winchester and Lexington, so your goodies are safe......maybe! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.