PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I know Roth will hate these given his articulated views on black blasts, but I love a black blast. In the last couple of days I have picked up a JT Cooke Billiard and a Bruce Weaver bamboo poker. I love bamboo on a poker, but I do appreciate that some hate it. Thought I would share the new acquisitions.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Love that Billiard Peck. I saw the email, checked the site nine minutes later and it was SOLD. There was a not so quiet voice in the back of my mind saying, "I wonder if that was Peck?" Nice score man. I know that JT calls that stain "Black" but it looks like it carries a purple tint. Do you have any other Cooke's with the same stain? Does that tint show the same in person as it does in the pics?
Congrats on a great looking pipe.
-- Pat

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Peck, you are certainly quick on the trigger. I saw that Cooke come in last night and poof, Sold. Congrats buddy. Great looking Weaver also.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, both great looking pipes, way to go. That Cooke has like a purpleish hue to it, very cool. That poker is awesome with the bamboo, should be nice and light. Definitely fine additions to the collection.

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
AWESOME Cooke peck!! I clicked on the link soon as it came through my email and by the time I and gotten to his page the pipe was sold. I said to myself, I bet dollars to pesos that SOB peck just added another one to his Cooke collection, God I hate him.... :wink: Congratulations on another beautiful pipe I love that black/purple color and I think that Halloween color stem he does would have looked sweet on that pipe as well. Truly one of a kind. :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice pair! I think I'd like the poker better with a couple less knuckles though.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Great pipes! I, too, love black sandblasts. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
(Suddenly, out of nowhere, I have this mysterious urge to acquire another black blast.)

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
J.T. wrote the book on blasts. I have lusted for one of his pipes for years. One of these days I'm going to bust loose and pull the trigger.
The poker is beautiful as well.
Those are just great looking pipes, Peck. Treasures for sure. Congrats and I know you will enjoy them.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Peck,
Love the bamboo! Something about the combination of briar and bamboo that just looks right...

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Just saw the email this morning. Peck, do you have some sort of auto-purchase thing programmed?
Nice score. Simply love that pipe and ALL of JT Cooke's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.