PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Was topping pasture and got close to road and a new truck with oil service signs was going slow and looking and reading a map, turned around and came on my headland. I flipped the power take off ,off and idled to truck, down came the window, I said you lost, he said no I ain't lost , you look lost I said. He said I"m with the seismic crew and I"m checking our work. I said it's ok I won't tell your boss you're lost. He said I"m the Boss, I said Oh Lord you're the Boss and you're lost with a map in your hands. He looked strangely at me, I asked him where's the Hot Spot, another strange look, I said at my age the only Hot Sot I'm talking about is where the oil and gas is, shrugged his shoulders said I don't know. When they gonna dynamite I said. Soon he said, you gonna do the dynamiting I said, No he said, Good I said, You're the Boss and you're lost, don't know where the hot spot is, I wouldn't trust you with dynamite. Another strange look. Need anything I said, No he said, I said that's good because I wasn't gonna give you anything. Put the tractor in gear and took off. Gotta keep the Old Codgers reputation up. :rofl:

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Did he offer a light for your pipe with a picture of Ol' Benjamin Franklin? If not then don't pay him no respect. That's like drawing the only stockbroker at the brokerage firm who makes all his personal money on fees and commissions and not from his investments.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've been there. I've driven around with half ass directions looking for a dig up on right of way in someone's shit hole in the middle of nowhere long before cell phones and GPS. It's a pain but I was probably making more money lost for an half hour that the locals made all day. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.