Contemplate This While Smoking Your Pipe.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
So if your in a 5 item max check out line, and you have 12 cans of sauce, is that 1 item or 12 items?
Can the can of sauce be 1 item, that you have 12 of?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
From a teller's point of view it's one item. From a courteous to other customers point of view, if you have 6 items but 100 things in your basket, perhaps choose the regular line instead of express.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's twelve items of the same item! It is one of those questions which cannot be answered by either the offended customer, the paying customer or the checker. This is a question which necessarily requires the expertise of a non-involved and disinterested third party. Instant replay may be necessary and, possibly, a phone call to corporate.
Way too deep a question for the masses to ponder. This requires professional of the highest caliber. The bagger perhaps! Or at least the kid who handles, "Wet cleanup on aisle 10."

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
If the checker has the latest in equipment and has to drag 12 cans across the scanner then it becomes 12 items. If she has a cash register from the 1970's where she enters $0.69 x 12 then it becomes 1 item. Either way, to the people standing behind you it becomes 12 items!
PS: especially if you pay by check and don't get your check book out until the checker is through!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
as long as you're not in front of me in the line, I'm good either way.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I do not abuse the checkout line. But, I was pondering this today as I stood in line. Your answers are what I had expected.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Depends on how many cans of soup will fit in the offender's "fourth point of contact." If the person can get 11/12 cans of soup all up in there, then I would be more than happy to let them into the line ahead of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.