PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
OH jeez good luck with that. We tried getting one started near Danbury but couldn't seem to get anyone interested.
What part of CT are you in? There's a Hudson Valley pipe club up in Dutchess county NY. I haven't made it to a meeting there yet.

Reactions: KaunThePiper

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I believe there is a German saying that goes something like "where there are two Englishmen you call that a club". Too bad you guys are American :lol:

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
What is the German saying for two Germans together?
“For where two or three have gathered together in My name, there I am in their midst.”

Matthew 18:20

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Nice for dinner but best when the weather lets you sit outside. Not recommended today

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
brightleafe unfortunately the same saying for two Germans is not optimistic. "Where two Germans together call that a war". I know ... not very kind of the saying, nor do I agree ..

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
The way people are divided against each other by the news, I would say Hatred is a common result over here.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
I am in Virginia, but was implying the U.S., unfairly perhaps. A lot of anger on the side of those who voted for the losing president. So the angry group changes when the presidential office changes political affiliation. Around where I live there is no clear political majority in the population.

derekflint

Nov 23, 2017
ME THINKS WE SOMEHOW VEERED OFF TOPIC........WHAT THINK YOU ? MOVE TO CONNECTICUT AND JOIN THE CLUB AND WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT.

brightleaf

Sep 4, 2017
Threads often go off topic. It would happen in a club if you were a part of one. Any response on a low hit thread bumps it to the top. I have been to Connecticut but was horrified by the taxes, how a business can operate in that State is beyond me. Do you have a problem talking on here or do I have to visit you to be graced with the talking stick?

doverpipes

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2011
I tried to set up a meet at Big Buddha in Newtown, CT. A couple of years ago. Only Fitzy expressed any interest. I belong to the "Hudson Valley Pipe Club", but I was always interested in possibly forming a "Housatonic Valley Pipe Club" (Western CT / Kent area or thereabouts). Maybe time to see if there is any renewed interest......

Status
Not open for further replies.