PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
I'd like to publicly extend my tremendous gratitude to Simon (whom most of us know as Condorlover) for gifting me a this gorgeous Pre-WWI Meerschaum pipe.
As some of you may know, last week I posted a thread about my run in with infamous shithead GeeJay, and how I got taken for a $100 "imaginary" meerschaum. Many of you responded with kind words and much appreciated empathy, and I thank you all very much for doing so. Among those people was Simon, who without hesitation, reached out to me and offered up a pipe that many people wouldn't even think of giving away. His extraordinary generosity and willingness to help a brother are a clear reflection of his great character and a reason why he is such a well regarded member of our community. Again, I can't express my joy and thankfulness enough. I will enjoy every minute of this pipe and always remember your kindness and generosity though out. Thanks again my

friend!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That's a very nice classic meer...congrats and enjoy. Kudos to Condor...a wonderful gesture.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
E2ED7EFC-505A-4D9A-B482-C42433203658-11628-000017F0C7C50E2A_zps7356825f.jpg
. Simon sent me this little lovely. He is a giving man, glad to call him a friend.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Jeremy sent me pics of this bad boy last night, as we were discussing it this past Saturday when we met up again at our local b&m, and i was blown away! It looks better than i could have imagined and the history and stories it must contain within its walls must be amazing. I can't wait to see that wonderful smoking instrument next time we meet up, Jeremy! Karma truly is a kind hearted friend or a raging bitch, depending on which end of the douchebag spectrum you fall on. Penis wrinkles like GeeJay who topple the scales of douchebaggery do not last long around here. Karma shall return and deliver kick-in-the-nuts justice, whether now or later, it all comes back around. Sorry (well, not really), but i truly possess the mouth of a sailor, both in real life as well as bleeding over here into my writing/typing. Lol.
SIMON, YOU ARE THE MAN!!! What a generous and selfless gesture. You are such a valued member of our community and i know i speak for all of us when i say thank you for everything you do and for being a testament to the sterling reputation of the piping community. It sure makes me proud to call myself a member!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Glad to be of help as I hate seeing people ripped off. Dan that pipe has never been near any Condor in its life and just sat at the bottom of a pile of my usual rotation so I think it has escaped the curse of 'the Condor' man. I just cleaned it up and shined the silver band before shipping so I am sure it will smoke fine with its new home. Shaintiques if you are reading this you have the case for this fellow and if you could send it down to the gentleman when you have a spare minute we can reunite pipe and case for worthy cause. Thank you for all for your kind comments.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Glad to see a happy face holding that meer. Great job condor!
If shaintiques no longer has the case for this meer, please let me know the length of the pipe. I might have one that will fit. If it's the right size I'd be happy to send it.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations Doc - a happy ending to an unfortunate episode. Well done Simon! You're a great guy who's had a hard time recently himself, so this selfless gift is all the more special. Hope to see you next time you're back in Blighty.
Andy

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Very cool pipe and really awesome gesture. You look as happy as a kid on Christmas. Congratulations my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.