PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I recently contacted JTI with regard to whether Condor Plug would contuine to be produced when Gallagher's closes it doors. I received a reply yesterday saying that Condor will continue to made and sold.

While I still feel sadness for the workers at least this is a little good news for pipe smokers.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Two things about that. First, does that mean Condor was/is still being made in Ireland? Second, that's wonderful news for us pipe smokers. I had been stocking up just in case.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
True sable I heard the same and also,Gallaghers are sending their production manager Ger Cough to take the transition in hand,so I hope there are no issues over the production.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
No mention of Condor on JTI's website. Not even listed in the brands. I'd like to be able to keep picking up the occasional pouch of Long Cut

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Good news indeed. I've always wanted to try Condor. That may still be possible.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
No idea I'm afraid Jay.The reply was brief. I believe production is being moved to eastern Europe,perhaps the presses will go too.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Good night Vienna! I feel sorry for the gallahers workforce. What sort of bosses are they? What a fall from grace! Whenever I think of gallahers, I think quality. Very high qualty!

The original Balkan sobranie, which I loved. Rich dark honeydew, which I love even more. Condor, which I detest! Only due to the 'airey fairy' topping they lace it with. The tobacco blend itself is top drawer. So now the powers that be are to entrust the recipe to Dimitri & gregorio in the gulags. Good luck with that one! They (the bosses) ought to put up against a wall and shot! They really should.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@cosmic, you wouldn't as they don't do things to online, or by the book. As you'll soon find out.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I believe that when the new plant opens in Chernobyl they will be producing a green 'glow in the dark' Condor Plug that will have a half life of 496,000 years so no need to worry about cellaring in Mason Jars. I also believe that Dimitri is easily recognizable by the fact he has six fingers on each hand and toe growing out of his forehead. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.