PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Due to the generosity of mcitinner1, I have a wee sample of Condor ready rub! I have been curious about Condor for sometime and now I finally get a taste. My sample is quite moist for me so I left some dry for a touch less than a hour and loaded a bowl into my Ferndown 1*. First light was smooth and a the Lakeland flavor came through, which so far I have always enjoyed, and I did so here. Was still able to taste damn good tobacco with the Lakeland as a condiment. I need to work on packing as I did have a small issue with relights, I do so love to futz with my pipe so not a big deal. What surprised me though was the Lakeland essence disappeared after a bit, and was replaced with a smooth, creamy, wonderful, chocolate like taste. I was not prepared for that, but I did find it wonderful. I finally got the bowl properly smouldering and just sat there with a silly grin and enjoyed the bowl. Once in a while I could detect the Lakeland essence I believe but mostly just smooth chocolate like taste. I loved my fist bowl!! My sample is small so I am hording it like Smaug. Next bowl is scheduled for Christmas! I do believe I will have to procure some Condor plug also. Overall it was a wow bowl and I am looking forward to my next on Christmas!!
Thank you mcitinner1!

Status
Not open for further replies.